Turn your customer data into better experiences
Recent marketing articles
- Effective real-time marketingEffective real-time marketing is about engaging with customers whenever and wherever they are in their buying journey. Organizations should also be focused on knowing what the customer wants (product, pricing, experience, etc.) based on real-time analytics and predictive modeling.
- What is marketing automation?Marketing automation uses the customer data you collect to create more effective campaigns and for better decisions across all channels – email, social and web.
- Harnessing the martech advantageMartech vendors have doubled in the past year. Find out what's fueling this growth spurt, and discover three ways to get the most value from your tech spending.
- It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Marketing measurement do's and don'tsHow can marketers capture the C-suite's attention? Draw a clear line between marketing activities and results.
- Know your data, know your customersIn the digital world, customers expect to be known as individuals with distinct preferences, not just as one member of a segment. Learn how to start with analytics.
- How to be cool, not creepy, with customer dataWhat concerns do retailers have regarding consumer privacy? And how are they addressing those concerns while still meeting customer needs? Find out why our panel of retail executives recommends a conservative approach to consumer privacy.
- The first step in building a better customer experienceIt's true that you can't build a great structure on a weak foundation. Learn what it takes to make a solid start on your data groundwork.
- The era of gargantuan dataAt The Big Show in New York City, we heard from eBay, Chico's and Brooks Brothers about their use of big data for customer loyalty.
- Seven characteristics of the modern consumerToday's consumers are connected, content driven and global. Learn how leaders from eBay, Chico’s and Brooks Brothers described their shoppers at the recent Retail Big Show.
- The intelligence behind customer loyaltyResearchers from the Kellogg School of Management discovered that there are three categories of shoppers with very different shopping patterns. For retailers, this means segmenting loyalty programs based on the distinct patterns of each group.
- Five content strategy lessons from ANZ BankContent marketing has helped ANZ dramatically increase online sales of its business products. Find out what they've learned about content strategy.
- Five tips for improving customer profitability from Harvard Business ReviewRight now, customers are experiencing your company online, on your mobile app, by phone and in person. Are those experiences forging a bond – or driving them away? New research from HBR reveals the customer experience lessons you need to apply now.
- Three tips for data-driven marketing from the Las Vegas SandsRom Hendler, Chief Administrative Officer for the Las Vegas Sands is a firm believer in managing marketing with analytics. Here's how he does it.
- How to build a mobile marketing strategyDeveloping a mobile marketing strategy can be daunting, especially if your current approach lacks a clear focus and strong connection with customers' wants. Here are the questions you should be able to answer before your strategy work begins.
- Four ways Vail Resorts creates epic experiencesVail Resorts is a coveted vacation spot, sure. But did you know the resort is also a social media titan? Find out how Vail Resort gained 35 million social media impressions and turned happy guests into brand ambassadors.
- USAA shares five keys to marketing analytics excellence In 2009, USAA made a big change to eligibility requirements -- and marketing analytics became key to their new marketing strategy. Chief Data and Analytics Officer Doug Mowen implemented the change and shares five tips that can help any marketing organization achieve excellence.
- Do marketers need real-time analyticsHow can you ensure that real-time analytics enhances your customer and marketing operations? Here are four tips for applying real-time approaches.
- How do you build loyalty with fickle online shoppers?With a roster of millions of active members, flash sale phenom Gilt seems to have found the secret to personalized digital marketing. Here’s how they do it.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox