SAS® for ...
Supporting law enforcement, criminal justice & corrections with industry-leading analytics and evidence-based practices.
Why choose SAS for law enforcement solutions?
Transform public security data into actionable intelligence.
SAS supports law enforcement, criminal justice and corrections with a single platform that streamlines your operations, enabling you to effectively manage data quality, equip your agency to perform advanced discovery, and deploy your findings securely and transparently.
How SAS Supports Law Enforcement Agencies
SAS enables you to ingest and migrate large volumes of complex data, regardless of source or format, into a single version of the truth. Quality algorithms then cleanse the data so it's ready for analysis. An easy-to-use interface lets public safety professionals use analytics – social network analysis, timelines, text analytics, correlation analysis and more – to analyze the data to glean valuable insights and develop investigative streams.
Create a more-informed workforce that has ready access to intuitive analytical tools with embedded AI to improve decision making and build trust.
Improve investigative outcomes and operate more proactively, using text analytics, machine learning, predictive analytics and more to gain insights far beyond what can currently be conceptualized.
Greater speed & efficiency
Get the answers you need fast – and without the need for overtime – with powerful tools that minimize labor-intensive tasks and investigative bottlenecks.
Take advantage of the latest advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) technology to ensure better decisions, which in turn make a better agency.
SAS Law Enforcement Intelligence
SAS offers a complete operational law enforcement platform that provides data management, advanced analytics and operational solutions for gathering and managing intelligence, conducting complex investigations, and improving investigative processes and workflows.
How SAS for Law Enforcement Works
Ingest key structured and unstructured data assets from internal and external sources.
Integrate and stage data sets for a range of analytics. Apply powerful search, text analytics and entity resolution machine learning algorithms.
Visualize the results of your analytical models and automated investigative techniques executed across many different data sets.
Infuse analytics across the full range of law enforcement needs –investigative decisions, priority offenders, victimization, situational awareness, crime prevention, performance, threat assessment, policy and procedure development, and more.
Streamline your operations with a single, unified platform. Effectively manage diverse data. Equip your agency to perform advanced discovery. And share your findings across the organization securely and transparently.
Automated data processes
- Automatically identifies, collects and combines all relevant data – structured and unstructured, internal and external – regardless of format or source.
- Identifies relationships hidden in multiple datasets.
- Automatic entity resolution accurately matches records from disparate data sources related to a single entity.
- Deduplication puts an end to duplicate records.
- Quickly parses unstructured text to identify key concepts, topics, sentiment and identifying information – phone numbers, addresses, people, etc.
- Gives you the full power of SAS while retaining the value of your pre-existing open-source models.
- Empowers analysts, regardless of their analytics expertise, and puts an end to data silos.
- Enables collaboration to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Early intervention analytics
- Allows for rule-based alerting combined with an advanced analytical approach to your data.
- Enables you to monitor the well-being and performance of your staff and citizens to help prevent tragedies before they occur.
- Provides a user-friendly interface that empowers intelligence analysts and investigators to work more collaboratively and efficiently through configurable workflows, tasks and investigations.
- Significantly increases investigative efficiency within your existing data environment and without replacing existing infrastructure.
- Adds geographical context to your analyses, investigations and visualizations by combining traditional data with location data.
- Enables you to highlight intelligence, such as incident locations, gang activity, drug awareness and more.
Interactive, easy-to-configure dashboards
- Lets you easily visualize your intelligence outputs and answers to evidence-based questions.
- Meets your agency's unique requirements with an easily configurable and powerful investigative interface with live, up-to-date dashboards, ad hoc reporting and more.
Why do law enforcement agencies choose SAS?
SAS provides a single analytics platform that supports all aspects of modern policing through policing reform, modernization and digital transformation. With SAS, you can:
Optimize the use of key data resources to keep pace with changing conditions:
- Access high-quality, timely data – structured and unstructured – regardless of format, source or size.
- Augment agency data with information from both internal and external sources.
- Automatically uncover relationships hidden in disparate data.
- Continually surveil data to identify patterns of risk.
Quickly analyze and visualize aggregated data to identify risks and proactively mitigate potential harm:
- Make more proactive decisions and develop strategic policies that underpin disruptive and preventative enforcement actions.
- Identify the most vulnerable people and those who pose the greatest risk to them.
Respond to and prevent the most serious threats:
- Get timely, accurate insights into the right hands at the right time.
- Gain new insights into agency performance.
- Better understand and replicate good performance.
- Make better-informed decisions about your workforce.
- Influence policies and measure the impact of changes.
Maintain strong government and community partnerships:
- Strengthen multi-agency coordination and better understand inter-agency mission scope.
- Confidently support inter-agency data sharing.
- Foster collaboration across agencies.
Working Smarter With SAS
Delaware State Police
Solving crime in less time with analytics
Delaware State Police use law enforcement solutions from SAS – aggregating diverse data into a holistic view of actionable information – to help identify suspects, crack cases and protect communities.
Durham Police Department
Improving police transparency and outcomes
The Durham (NC) Police Department is using law enforcement technology from SAS to support transparency and improve policing outcomes, public safety and community relations.
Promoting people-first policing
Gloucestershire Constabulary uses SAS to ensure data quality and achieve new levels of business intelligence and reporting, helping improve accuracy and operational efficiency to enhance intelligence-led policing.
Florida Department of Corrections
Identifying potential trouble spots in prison facilities using analytics
The Florida Department of Corrections uses a comprehensive reporting and analytics strategy driven by SAS to integrate dozens of disparate data sources from a variety of platforms.
Reducing prison violence with analytics-based risk assessment
The Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
North Carolina Office of Information Technology Services
Getting tougher on crime while saving $12 million annually with better data access and process efficiencies
Find out how the North Carolina Office of Information Technology worked with SAS to develop an integrated criminal justice application to provide fast access to accurate offender information.
In the Spotlight
Keeping the Public Safe
Recognizing the realities of policing in today's world, SAS can help public safety organizations address their biggest challenges around data silos, redundant processes, resource shortages and transparency.
The SAS for Law Enforcement Difference – Facts & Figures
combined years of public safety expertise
years' experience delivering solutions to law enforcement, security & intelligence agencies
satisfied public safety clients around the world
Partnering for Better Public Safety
Explore More on Public Security Solutions From SAS
- Solution Brief Strengthen trust and public security through reliable, cross-agency intelligenceLearn how SAS delivers trusted data and results when time matters, whether investigators are proactively preventing crime or reactively solving crimes that have occurred.
- Solution Brief Manage Covert Human Intelligence Sources in a Controlled, Yet Transparent WayLearn how SAS provides a systematic, governed way to approach the entire range of CHIS operations and reduce all types of risks – for human sources, officers and the organization.
- Solution Brief Positively influence law enforcement and community outcomes while enhancing transparencyExplore how law enforcement leaders can implement police reforms that address public demands for heightened accountability and transparency.
- Solution Brief Improve investigational outcomes using data-driven insights and decisionsLearn how SAS delivers trusted data and results when time matters, whether investigators are proactively preventing crime or reactively solving crimes that have occurred.
- White Paper Fusion Centers: Evolving Roles, Expanding Capabilities, Continuing ChallengesFusion centers have evolved far beyond their original role in counterterrorism and now safeguard and serve the public on many fronts. Experts share their experiences and perspectives on how fusion centers succeed in their missions today and tomorrow.
- White Paper Modernizing Analytics for Law Enforcement Vast new sources of electronic data and advanced analytical methods offer opportunities to quickly resolve individual investigations and discover patterns of activity to exploit in crime prevention.
- Solution Brief Improve intelligence operations with data-driven insights and decisionsLearn how our industry-leading technology platform brings together large data sets and gives users a single view of the truth, with the power to analyze any given entity.
SAS for Public Security Offerings
Explore these products and solutions for addressing public security needs.
- Data Management SoftwareGo beyond managing your data to unleashing its full potential.
- SAS for Law Enforcement | Investigations Management | Powered by AzureGain real-time situational awareness for alerting emergency services and improving citizen safety with a solution that combines sensor data and advanced analytics.
- SAS® Detection and Investigation for Government Detect, prevent and more effectively manage fraud and all types of improper payments across your organization.