The historically risk-averse retail industry has been taking a slow, methodical approach to cloud adoption. As a result, many retailers are technologically behind typical customers, who often have more computing power in their hands than the store associate serving them. Perhaps the biggest issue preventing large-scale cloud adoption in retail is security, with many fearing that having more data in the cloud will increase the risk of cybersecurity breaches. And retailers have always been averse to relinquishing control of their IT assets.
How SAS Can Help
With cloud computing solutions from SAS, you can use analytics to improve your retail decision making, regardless of your organization's level of analytical maturity, with a secure, dependable infrastructure that gives you peace of mind while enabling you to:
- Analyze and understand omnichannel demand and product price elasticity to boost profitability.
- Adopt a customer experience analytics foundation that spans all data, analytics and decisioning needs.
- Segment customer lists into identifiable groups based on shopping behaviors.
- Explore retail trends, identify opportunities and meet financial objectives.
SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge retail omnichannel analytics via the cloud securely, in the way that works best for your business:
- Software as a service (SaaS). Our managed SaaS offerings are ready to use right out of the box and can be customized to meet changing requirements. We also offer standardized, off-the-shelf SaaS offerings that are available for immediate use, with no customization.
- Results as a service (RaaS). We combine expert SAS service with award-winning software to help you develop more powerful retail insights. There is no software license or infrastructure to buy, and the solution is priced based on what you need. You provide the data and business problem; we deliver the results.
- Hosted and remote managed software and services. Take advantage of cutting-edge SAS technology with maximum uptime, managed by us on your site or ours.
- SAS software deployed in public or private clouds. We offer multiple ways to deploy SAS in public or private clouds, including deployment patterns like Docker containers, Kubernetes for orchestration, or support for Cloud Foundry.
- Cloud-specific SAS offerings. SAS works with major cloud infrastructure providers like Amazon, Microsoft, Google and Oracle to streamline SAS deployments in public clouds. We also partner with a number of managed analytic service providers (MASPs) that offer cloud-based solutions for specific industries, including retail.
SAS® & Cloud Computing Solutions for Retail
- SAS® Cloud-Specific OfferingsGain faster insights, improve performance and optimize resources with SAS' rapid cloud deployments and strategic partnerships.
- SAS® Customer Intelligence 360Infuse your marketing decisions with unprecedented customer insights, and create relevant, satisfying, valued customer experiences.
- SAS® Intelligent Planning SuiteAccurately forecast shopper and consumer demand by creating seamless merchandise and demand plans.
- SAS® Managed ServicesTake advantage of cutting-edge SAS technology with maximum uptime using hosted and remote managed software and services from SAS.
- SAS® Results as a ServiceGet faster, deeper insights from your existing data using our expertise.
- SAS® Revenue Optimization SuiteOptimize life cycle pricing strategies and corporate profitability with a comprehensive view of consumer demand.
- SAS® Size Optimization: SAS® Size Profiling and SAS® Pack OptimizationImprove profitability by identifying and supplying the right sizes to the right stores at the right time.
- SAS® Software as a ServiceGet uninterrupted access to the specific software you need to make fast, accurate business decisions with SaaS offerings from SAS.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsVisually explore all data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the web and mobile devices.