There's no such thing as too much knowledge.
Welcome to our Insights Center, where you can access the latest thinking on topics you care about – analytics, big data, data management, marketing, risk and fraud. We've assembled a variety of compelling content published by and curated from experts around the world. And it's not all about the SAS point of view – our aim is to cover the issues that you, your peers and your competitors are faced with daily and how they're being addressed. Ideas and inspiration often come from looking at the world from different perspectives – through a different lens. So browse around. Read. Watch. Share. And come back for new insights as often as you like.
- Explore Topics
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Intelligence
- Data Management
- Energy Programs
- Fraud and Security Intelligence
- Government Programs
- Health and Life Sciences
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Performance Management
- Risk Management
- SAS Platform
- Supply Chain
- Cybersecurity analytics and the vital arterial pulse wave that flows through your network Before advances in technology permitted medical practitioners to monitor, record, visualize and predict cardiac outcomes through analysis of the arterial pulse wave, they could only refer to reactive data collected, typically, post-impact. Does that sound familiar?
- Article The Analytics Skills Gap - Canadian Edition Canada appears to have stemmed the brain drain problem, though economic issues could ignite it again. Regardless, it has exposed an underlying issue in the Canadian economy—that of a skills gap in STEM-related disciplines.
- Article Le commerce de détail ne fait qu’effleurer les possibilités de l’analytique Cette phrase célèbre est le mot d’ordre des détaillants depuis plus d’un siècle.
- Article Data protection and privacy: in 2016, is your network truly secure? Would your firm have the necessary pre-staged resources to prevent and then properly manage a class action lawsuit that is rapidly becoming the norm, especially when the loss involves personal identifiable information (PII)?
- Article Closing government budget deficits by eliminating the insight deficit The Canadian economy and budget are taking hits from all sides. The falling price of oil and the lower dollar are taking a toll, with deficit estimates for next year ranging from $18 billion from the government to $30 billion from private economists.
- Article Retail is only scratching the surface of the potential of analytics Retail is only scratching the surface of the potential of analytics
- Article How analytics can drive value to contact center operations How analytics can drive value to contact center operations
- Article The Power of Information Sharing in Government Unlocking the power of data for better citizen-centric decision-making.
- Article Analytics in Action Analytics has gone—and continues to undergo—a long evolution.
- Article Reflections on Big Data A look at the human-related challenges of analytics and data science
- Article Why you should care about episode analytics The future of value-based health care requires a better understanding of how patients are treated for thousands of conditions. Only episode analytics can uncover the insights payers and providers need.
- Article The Future of Utilities 2015 is a year heavily entrenched in disruptive economic activity. Across markets we’re seeing upstarts and consumer paradigm shifts erode established businesses at varying rates while at the same time providing a sense of economic empowerment to eager participants.
There's a lot going on in the world of analytics. New advancements. New ideas. New possibilities. Find out what the experts are talking about.
Big data is still big news. And we've really just started to scratch the surface. See what the experts are saying about the big issues surrounding big data.
Data is the root of all that is possible. How you manage that data makes all the difference. Check in with the experts on all things data management.
There's always something new in the business of marketing to and communicating with customers. See what the marketing gurus are saying.
When it comes to risk and fraud, you must know your strengths and your vulnerabilities. Connect with experts and learn about the latest developments.