Meet SAS Analytics U
The go-to place for all you need to know about teaching and learning SAS
It's all about U! Whether you're a teacher, professor, student, academic researcher or independent learner, we offer anyone in a teaching and learning environment free and low-cost options for accessing our world-class analytics software.
Your SAS Software Options
Best for gaining online access to powerful SAS software via the cloud, typically as part of an academic course.
- It's free!
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Accessible via the cloud whenever and wherever there's an Internet connection.
- Available data storage: 2GB uploaded (students), 4GB uploaded (professors).
Best for institutions wanting in-house software and data for teaching and academic research. Provides comprehensive SAS foundational technologies via reduced-cost enterprise license.
- Flexible, low-cost and unlimited licenses.
- Runs on Windows, Linux and others (contact us for details).
- Runs locally. No Internet connection needed.
- Local, unlimited data storage.
Which option is right for you?
Decisions, decisions. Not sure which one to choose? We can help. While every situation is different, here are the most common scenarios to help you decide. Start by choosing your role below.
- If you're just getting started in analytics and you want free access to basic analytics and statistics on your computer – even when you're offline – choose SAS University Edition.
- If you're enrolled in a class that is using SAS OnDemand for Academics, you can get free, online access to more advanced analytics, with point-and-click functionality.
- If you want your students to download SAS software directly to their computers and have access to the software even when they're offline, choose SAS University Edition.
- If you want students to access SAS software via the cloud – not on their local machines – choose SAS OnDemand for Academics.
- If you're teaching a class that requires students to use powerful software like SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Text Miner, etc., for the duration of the course, choose SAS OnDemand for Academics.
- If you want multiple users to have licensed access to powerful SAS software and the full range of SAS tools, with data remaining under your institution's control, choose Education Analytical Suite.
- If you want to integrate data visualization software into your instruction, while teaching students advanced data analysis skills, you can access SAS Visual Analytics (and associated teaching materials) for free through a partnership between Teradata University Network and SAS.
- If your area of academic research requires you to maintain local control of your data – with no limits on data size – choose SAS University Edition, which allows you to download SAS software directly to your machine.
- If you need access to the full range of SAS tools for academic research – licensed for desktop or server installation – and you want your data to remain under your control, choose Education Analytical Suite.
- If you want free access to basic analytics and statistics on your computer, even when you're offline, choose SAS University Edition.
- If you want free, online access to both basic analytics and statistics, as well as additional advanced capabilities for graphing, time series analysis, etc., choose SAS OnDemand for Academics.
- If you want to connect with analytical talent near your organization, we’d like to help! Contact us at SASAnalyticsU@sas.com to let us know of your interest.
- If you want to get recent hires or interns up to speed on SAS software, have them download SAS University Edition and check out our free online tutorials.
Access to SAS software is just the beginning.
In addition to world-class analytical software, SAS Analytics U also offers a variety of resources and ways to connect with fellow SAS Analytics U-sers (See what we did there?).
Join our online community to access additional resources for teaching, learning and research, such as: