How SAS Helps Detect and Prevent Telecom Fraud
SAS® advanced analytics solutions help telecom, media and technology companies address dynamic fraud challenges using the latest hybrid analytics techniques to combat subscription fraud, dealer fraud, revenue share fraud, SIM boxing and more. Our software also scales to manage credit risk assessment, collections and revenue assurance.
- Prevent asset and airtime losses.
- Uncover high-risk applications using big data analytics.
- Detect impersonation and synthetic identities.
- Improve profitability by reducing fraud losses.
- Stop fraud upstream at the point of customer acquisition.
- Identify dealer fraud schemes linked to new accounts.
- Uncover fraudulent commission claims.
- Detect collusion around asset misappropriation and bonus payments.
- Assess dealer accounts to determine their propensity for fraud and bad debt.
- Reinforce stock control processes and prevent fraud or waste.
- Prevent monetary losses from invoice payment malpractice.
- Establish strong governance across accounts payables workflows.
- Mitigate internal threats and abuse.
Credit risk optimization
- Distinguish between bad debt and fraud.
- Improve credit scoring through fraud data analytics.
- Provide a 360-degree view of a customer's onboarding risk.
- Optimize debt recovery and collections processes.
Why do TMT companies choose SAS for detecting and preventing telecom fraud?
SAS can help you stop fraud in real time, while ensuring operational efficiency, safeguarding the customer experience and optimizing resource allocation. Using advanced hybrid analytical techniques, including AI, SAS delivers both short-term results and strategic value, enabling organic growth and helping you secure the future.
Establish a framework to combat fraud
Siloed lines of business can result in gaps that are readily exploited by fraudsters. SAS offers decision makers and operational teams a holistic approach to fraud management through an end-to-end solution ecosystem.
Optimize credit risk management
Fraud isn't always apparent in defaults and bad debt statistics, and industry estimates suggest up to 10% of bad debt could be fraud. SAS can help you optimize your credit scoring processes to isolate fraud cases.
Reduce customer friction & boost profitability
Our fraud offerings, powered by cutting-edge hybrid analytics, are designed to detect fraud while ensuring a seamless onboarding process for genuine customers to safeguard the customer experience.
Fight fraud by operationalizing AI
Harnessing AI is key to embracing the future with confidence. With more than 40 years of experience delivering AI solutions, SAS can help you achieve greater efficiency, automation and accuracy throughout your fraud management processes.
Detect call traffic fraud with an analytics toolkit
You hold a gold mine of data that can be used to offer value-added services and improve customer service. Our in-depth, market-leading analytical capabilities can help you distill insights from CDRs and other sources into intelligence you can act on.
SAS uses advanced analytics to provide solutions to tough problems in many business vectors worldwide... . The company is very diversified, but in recent years, has targeted financial crimes as one of the top areas in which to focus. Tremendous progress has been made in a few short years in expanding capabilities and enhancing products, such as case management. Aite Matrix: Case Management to Combat Global Fraud and Money Laundering
How does the most frequently chosen mobile network in Poland limit its operational risk, prevent fraud and control fraud-related losses?
SAS helped Play reduce its fraud-related losses and shift from a reactive to a proactive approach to fraud schemes by:
- Automating the detection and monitoring of identified fraud schemes.
- Significantly shortening the time between the occurrence of a high-risk event and delivery of that information to the unit responsible for monitoring.
- Supporting the validation processes by providing analysts with additional relevant information.
- Ensuring that monitoring can be extended to cover new schemes.
- Discovering predictive indicators based on machine learning models to evaluate fraud risks in the near future.
How does a major telecom operator in southern Europe, the Middle East and Africa improve purchasing and subscription fraud detection process efficiency and reduce its false-positive rates?
SAS helped the company achieve an 8% event rate lift and determine that 80% of flagged issues are false negatives early enough so time and resources aren't wasted investigating them by:
- Optimizing existing rules using analytical techniques.
- Creating new detection rules to guard against new threats.
- Developing new fraud propensity scoring based on several additional data parameters.
Combat subscription fraud
Learn how you can rely on the latest hybrid analytics techniques to combat subscription fraud, as well as dealer fraud, revenue share fraud, SIM boxing, credit card fraud, account takeover and more.
Collections in crisis
While you can't prevent a recession, there are still steps you can take to help keep customers from sinking deeper into arrears.
Intelligent decision automation for telecommunications in the digital age
Learn how embracing analytics and AI can unlock opportunities by converting current processes – e.g., credit risk, fraud and collections – to be reliably smart.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® Detection and InvestigationReduce fraud losses, increase revenue and enhance your operational efficiency.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingUse machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights at the edge and make real-time, intelligent decisions in the cloud.