News and views from the analytics experts
Most recent articles
- Select a topic
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Intelligence
- Data for Good
- Data Management
- Fraud and Security Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Risk Management
- Modern manufacturing's triple play: Digital twins, analytics and IoT IoT-powered digital twins revolutionize manufacturing with real-time data analysis, predictive maintenance & optimized production. Discover their transformational impact.
- Why banks need to evolve their approach to climate and ESG riskManaging environmental, social and governance (ESG) risk is important to banks, regulators, investors and consumers – yet there are many interpretations of how to do it. To thrive, organizations must evolve their risk management practices – including those affected by ESG risk.
- Containing health care costs: Analytics paves the way to payment integrityTo ensure payment integrity, health care organizations must uncover a broad range of fraud, waste and abuse in claims processing. Data-driven analytics – along with rapid evolutions in the use of computer vision, document vision and text analytics – are making it possible.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics tackles the scourge of human traffickingVictims of human trafficking are all around us. From forced labor to sex work, modern-day slavery thrives in the shadows. Learn why organizations are turning to AI and big data analytics to unveil these crimes and change future trajectories.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- A fraude nos pagamentos evolui rapidamente - será que podemos estar um passo à frente?A fraude nos pagamentos acontece quando um criminoso rouba a informação de pagamentos privada de uma pessoa, e depois a utiliza para uma transação ilegal. À medida que as tendências de pagamento evoluem, o mesmo acontece com os autores das fraudes. Os bancos e os PSP podem combater as fraudes com técnicas avançadas de analytics que se adaptam rapidamente à deteção de anomalias no comportamento.
- What is a data lake and why does it matter?A data lake is a storage repository that quickly ingests large amounts of raw data in its native format. As containers for multiple collections of data in one convenient location, data lakes allow for self-service access, exploration and visualization. In turn, businesses can see and respond to new information faster.
- Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernizationPublic health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernized to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualization.
- IFRS 9 and CECL: The challenges of loss accounting standardsThe loss accounting standards, CECL and IFRS 9, change how credit losses are recognized and reported by financial institutions. Although there are key differences in the standards for CECL (US) and IFRS 9 (international), both require a more forward-looking approach to credit loss estimation.
- The 5 new rules of retailThere is good news for retailers. Analytics can help overcome some of the effects of disruption, allowing retailers to move from long-term seasonal forecasting to more agile planning.
- SAS CIO: Porque é que os líderes devem cultivar a curiosidade em 2021Com a mudança que todos enfrentamos este ano, os CIOs devem contar com a curiosidade para desempenharem um papel crucial na forma como vamos conhecer os desafios que temos pela frente. Desde o momento em que o COVID-19 nos atingiu, a nossa empresa de TI confiou na curiosidade - esse forte desejo de explorar, aprender, saber - para alimentar as mudanças urgentes necessárias. E é a curiosidade que nos permitirá satisfazer as necessidades do futuro do trabalho pós-pandémico.
- Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Risk data infrastructure: Staying afloat on the regulatory floodWhat are the challenges of a risk data infrastructure and how can they be addressed? Here's what you need to know to build an effective enterprise risk and finance reporting warehouse that will effectively address compliance requirements.
- Continuous monitoring: Stop procurement fraud, waste and abuse nowProcurement fraud, waste and abuse silently robs businesses an average of 5% of spend annually. And even when organizations invest in detection methods, they’re often let down by their techniques. Learn what continuous monitoring is and why this proven analytical method is key to fighting back.
- Previsão da carga: Assegurar que a oferta satisfaz a procura de energiaA previsão da carga ajuda os fornecedores de energia a satisfazer a procura de clientes residenciais e empresariais. À medida que os recursos de energia renovável aumentam, torna-se crucial a necessidade de uma plataforma tecnológica que se adapte aos requisitos de previsão de carga.
- Beyond IFRS 17 – what's next?IFRS 17 is not just a new accounting standard. Its fundamental objective is to provide transparency and insight to the insurance business while identifying strengths and areas for improvement. Learn how to keep a long-term vision and achieve broader business value beyond the immediate demands of IFRS 17.
- 5 formas de aumentar solidez empresarial no futuroInnovation, agility and customer-centricity frequently top the list of companies’ strategic objectives, and now the most urgent priority is resilience. Given this new urgency, it’s worth taking a close look at the underpinnings of resilience and how they could be applied in any industry. This article explores how analytics can help boost resilience and includes key elements to keep your organization resilient.
- Resilience in the face of unpredictabilityUnpredictability can “shatter and reshape” a society. And in these unpredictable times, it is important to remain resilient and be prepared to bounce back. This article explores what it truly means to be resilient, how to build it, and how analytics can help you act when your resilience is tested.
- Unemployment fraud meets analytics: Battle lines are clearly drawnMany fraudsters seized opportunities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. During the crisis, unemployment fraud became a battleground between international criminal networks and government agencies. Learn how analytics can save billions – and deliver benefits to those truly in need.
- Homelessness data holds insights to a hidden problemSAS partnered with The Carying Place, an organization that supports working homeless families, to find new ways to measure indicators of participant success and provide families the help they deserve.
- Finding COVID-19 answers with data and analyticsLearn how data plays a role in optimizing hospital resources, understanding disease spread, supply chain forecasting and scientific discoveries.
- How health care leaders deployed analytics when crisis hitDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, some health care providers were well-positioned to respond to rapid changes in demand. The factor that most distinguished them was that they already had a strong capacity in place for using data to inform decisions. Read about three key takeaways from their experiences.
- Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- Plataforma de dados do cliente: o que é e porque é importante O recente aumento da popularidade dos CDPs levou a uma considerável confusão no mercado. Aqui está tudo o que precisa de saber e como funciona uma CDP, desafios a considerar - e como ir além da CDP com integração perfeita.
- A data scientist’s views on data literacyGet a data scientist and teacher's perspective on the value of having foundational knowledge so you can more easily tell data fact from data fiction.
- Respond, recover and reimagineDisruptions to our lives happen regularly, though most are not as far-reaching as the COVID-19 pandemic. Whatever their nature, it’s helpful to have a plan for how to exit disruption still on your feet and in the game. Learn about the three-phase approach SAS recommends for mitigating widespread disturbances.
- Contact tracing investigations for public health: Technology enhances epidemic investigationWhat was once a cumbersome process that relied on an individual’s often incomplete or inaccurate memory, contact tracing investigations for public health has entered the digital era thanks to advanced analytics and data visualization.
- From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
- Saving lives during a global pandemic through medical resource optimizationCleveland Clinic is operationalizing analytics to combat COVID-19, creating innovative models that help forecast patient volume, bed capacity, medical equipment availability and more.
- Will health care be fundamentally changed post-COVID-19?Many market forces are supporting the transformation to virtual digital health programs -- the COVID-19 pandemic is just the latest compelling event.
- Optimizing well placement to eliminate water poverty How data visualization is helping Water for Good bring fresh water to the Central African Republic.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox