Easily translate mathematical formulas into innovative programs for matrix computations, numerical analysis, optimization, simulation, statistics and data analysis.
Program easily and efficiently.
Simple syntax and an extensive function library make it easy to translate mathematical formulas into statistical programming statements. You can implement custom analyses for a variety of applications and even build your own module library. Share your programs and libraries by writing packages, and download programs written by others.
Interactively perform exploratory analysis.
Graphically explore data to spot hidden patterns, uncover relationships among variables, understand outliers and identify unusual features in the data. Dynamically linked graphics enable you to select observations in one graph and see those same observations highlighted in all other views of the data.
Run optimizations and simulations.
Find optimum values for objective functions, subject to constraints. Simulate data, solve linear systems and perform matrix computations. And there's no need to declare or allocate storage for a data matrix, because SAS IML software does this automatically.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS IML.
- SAS® Econometrics Analyze complex business and economic scenarios, providing a scientific basis for better decision making.
- SAS® OptimizationFind optimal solutions to complex business and planning problems faster than ever.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsDiscover and explore relationships in data, and share insights.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.
- SAS® Visual StatisticsCreate and modify predictive models faster than ever using a visual interface and in-memory processing.
- SAS® Viya®Benefit from faster data integration, effective model development and reduced cloud costs.