SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9
Exam Content Guide
Below we provide a list of the objectives that will be tested on the exam.
For more specific details about each objective download the complete exam content guide.
Accessing Data Using SQL
- Generate detail reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Generate summary reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Construct sub-queries and in-line views within an SQL procedure step.
- Compare solving a problem using the SQL procedure versus using traditional SAS programming techniques.
- Access Dictionary Tables using the SQL procedure.
- Create and use user-defined and automatic macro variables within the SAS Macro Language.
- Automate programs by defining and calling macros using the SAS Macro Language.
- Understand the use of macro functions.
- Use various system options that are available for macro debugging and displaying values of user-defined and automatic macro variables in the SAS log.
- Create data-driven programs using SAS Macro Language.
Advanced Programming Techniques
- Demonstrate the use of advanced data look-up techniques such as array processing, hash objects, formats, and merging.
- Reduce computing resource requirements by controlling the space required to store SAS data sets.
- Use the FCMP procedure to create a user-defined function.
- Perform effective benchmarking.
- Use SAS indexes.
- Compare techniques to eliminate duplicate data.