Ever-higher customer expectations and demanding operational requirements mean that an insurer’s performance increasingly hinges on its ability to glean relevant insight from all available data. In fact, the efficient and effective use of data is critical to addressing many challenges today’s insurers face – enhancing the customer experience, pricing accurately and competitively, combating fraud, and managing risk and capital. A partnership between humans and machines – each augmenting the other – holds the most promise for successfully meeting these challenges, but knowing where and how to start isn't always easy.
How AI Can Help
From fraud to risk to customer experience, artificial intelligence (AI) can enhance the speed, precision and effectiveness of human efforts, which results in a more responsive, more profitable insurance operation. With AI capabilities from SAS, you can:
- Turn customer experience into customer engagement. With embedded AI tools, you can connect data together from all sources, providing an accurate and evolving view of the customer journey. You can then optimize customer journeys across all channels to maximize engagement and enable real-time decisioning.
- Price risk accurately and competitively. Use AI to model and develop more precise tariff models faster and build innovative market propositions exploiting new internal and external data sources. You can respond quickly to customer behavioral changes and competitor pricing actions, increasing conversion rates and optimizing renewals.
- Quickly identify fraudulent transactions. Use AI and machine learning techniques to identify which types of insurance transactions are likely to be fraudulent. AI techniques, including adaptive machine learning and unsupervised intelligent agents, can predict fraudulent transactions in real time – and reduce false positives – based on changes and inconsistencies in customer behavior patterns. Reducing false positives boosts customer satisfaction, protects revenue and lowers costs.
As the leader in advanced analytics, SAS advocates applying analytics to any data that has the potential to produce insights. That's why we embedded AI capabilities in our software – from our powerful analytics platform to solutions tailored to the needs of the insurance industry. SAS delivers open, trusted, scalable and sustainable AI capabilities that can help insurers of all sizes achieve growth, profitability and compliance. For more than 40 years, SAS has delivered consistent value to the insurance industry.
- Article ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycle
- Livre blanc Artificial Intelligence for Executives Integrating AI Into Your Organization
- E-Book Rationalizing Risk in AI
- E-Book Making Sense of AI
- Livre blanc The Evolution of Analytics Opportunities and Challenges for Machine Learning in Business
AI Solutions for Insurance
- SAS® Fraud ManagementDetect, prevent and manage fraud enterprisewide in real time – from a single platform.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningEasily create, manage and govern robust, analytically driven business rules to power decisioning at scale.
- SAS® Model Risk ManagementSignificantly reduce your model risk, improve your decision making and financial performance, and meet regulatory demands with comprehensive model risk management.
- SAS® Visual Text AnalyticsMettez à l’échelle l’acte humain de lire, d’organiser et d’extraire des informations utiles à partir d’énormes volumes de données textuelles.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningPrenez en charge les processus d’exploration de données et d’apprentissage automatique de bout en bout avec des interfaces visuelles et de programmation complètes pour les utilisateurs de tous niveaux.