Citizens expect constant access to services such as water, gas and electricity, and they depend on effective transportation and security systems to get from place to place quickly and safely. This presents a variety of challenges for governments – challenges that an IoT-enabled government could overcome. With the number of IoT-connected devices growing exponentially, the advantages for government have tremendous potential. IoT sensor technologies offer the possibility of huge cost savings and increased efficiency (think smart buildings and government fleet management), not to mention significant improvements in public service, like improved traffic flows, availability of clean air and water, safer neighborhoods, and better citizen engagement.
How IoT Analytics From SAS® Can Help
Through the power of advanced IoT analytics with embedded AI and machine learning capabilities, SAS enables governments to deliver essential services, improve public safety across cities and transportation infrastructures, and bolster defense and national security. SAS drives value across the analytic life cycle by mining and analyzing IoT data where it lives – edge devices, in the fog or in the cloud – so you can:
- Better engage with citizens.
- Improve resiliency by more effectively managing public infrastructure.
- Manage transportation infrastructures and improve traffic flow.
- Use streaming video from cameras or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for critical asset inspection, intelligence gathering and surveillance to improve public safety.
Why choose SAS for IoT analytics?
With IoT analytics solutions from SAS, public sector agencies are better equipped to:
- Make better-informed, accurate and timely decisions to improve outcomes.
- Deliver service responsiveness, especially in cities.
- Ensure operational excellence in infrastructure.
- Customer Story How streaming IoT data and advanced analytics help maintain COVID-19 vaccine integrity The North Carolina Collaboratory relies on SAS Analytics for IoT on Azure to harness the complex system of cold chain logistics, ensuring safe transport, storage and availability of COVID-19 vaccines statewide
- Solution Brief Making the unpredictable, predictable: Using AI and streaming analytics to prevent flood damage and predict flooding patterns
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood events The Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft Azure to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoT
- White Paper Becoming a Smart City
- White Paper IoT and Transportation: How Analytics Makes Travel Faster and Safer
- E-Book Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
- Customer Story Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to work Town of Cary uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from sensors, assess demand, detect problems and visually engage customers
IoT Analytics Products & Solutions for Public Sector
- Data Management SoftwareGo beyond managing your data to unleashing its full potential.
- SAS® Analytics for IoTDrive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting powerful IoT analytics with embedded AI and industry-leading streaming capabilities in users' hands.
- SAS® Asset Performance AnalyticsHarness M2M and sensor data to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and reducing your risk of revenue loss.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingGet immediate analytic insights from real-time big data streaming into your organization.
- SAS® Field Quality AnalyticsDetect emerging issues and perform root-cause analysis to improve product quality and brand reputation.
- SAS® for Cold Chain IntegrityEnsure cold chain integrity to maintain product quality, minimize losses and avoid potential regulatory violations.