Why choose SAS for law enforcement solutions?
Transform public security data into actionable intelligence.
SAS supports law enforcement, criminal justice and corrections with a single platform that streamlines your operations, enabling you to effectively manage data quality, equip your agency to perform advanced discovery, and deploy your findings securely and transparently.
How SAS Supports Law Enforcement Agencies
SAS enables you to ingest and migrate large volumes of complex data, regardless of source or format, into a single version of the truth. Quality algorithms then cleanse the data so it's ready for analysis. An easy-to-use interface lets public safety professionals use analytics – social network analysis, timelines, text analytics, correlation analysis and more – to analyze the data to glean valuable insights and develop investigative streams.
Create a more-informed workforce that has ready access to intuitive analytical tools with embedded AI to improve decision making and build trust.
Improve investigative outcomes and operate more proactively, using text analytics, machine learning, predictive analytics and more to gain insights far beyond what can currently be conceptualized.
Greater speed & efficiency
Get the answers you need fast – and without the need for overtime – with powerful tools that minimize labor-intensive tasks and investigative bottlenecks.
Take advantage of the latest advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) technology to ensure better decisions, which in turn make a better agency.
How SAS for Law Enforcement Works
Ingest key structured and unstructured data assets from internal and external sources.
Integrate and stage data sets for a range of analytics. Apply powerful search, text analytics and entity resolution machine learning algorithms.
Visualize the results of your analytical models and automated investigative techniques executed across many different data sets.
Infuse analytics across the full range of law enforcement needs –investigative decisions, priority offenders, victimization, situational awareness, crime prevention, performance, threat assessment, policy and procedure development, and more.
Streamline your operations with a single, unified platform. Effectively manage diverse data. Equip your agency to perform advanced discovery. And share your findings across the organization securely and transparently.
Why do law enforcement agencies choose SAS?
SAS provides a single analytics platform that supports all aspects of modern policing through policing reform, modernization and digital transformation. With SAS, you can:
Optimize the use of key data resources to keep pace with changing conditions:
- Access high-quality, timely data – structured and unstructured – regardless of format, source or size.
- Augment agency data with information from both internal and external sources.
- Automatically uncover relationships hidden in disparate data.
- Continually surveil data to identify patterns of risk.
Quickly analyze and visualize aggregated data to identify risks and proactively mitigate potential harm:
- Make more proactive decisions and develop strategic policies that underpin disruptive and preventative enforcement actions.
- Identify the most vulnerable people and those who pose the greatest risk to them.
Respond to and prevent the most serious threats:
- Get timely, accurate insights into the right hands at the right time.
- Gain new insights into agency performance.
- Better understand and replicate good performance.
- Make better-informed decisions about your workforce.
- Influence policies and measure the impact of changes.
Maintain strong government and community partnerships:
- Strengthen multi-agency coordination and better understand inter-agency mission scope.
- Confidently support inter-agency data sharing.
- Foster collaboration across agencies.
Working Smarter With SAS
North Carolina Office of Information Technology Services
Getting tougher on crime while saving $12 million annually with better data access and process efficiencies
Find out how the North Carolina Office of Information Technology worked with SAS to develop an integrated criminal justice application to provide fast access to accurate offender information.
The SAS for Law Enforcement Difference – Facts & Figures
combined years of public safety expertise
years' experience delivering solutions to law enforcement, security & intelligence agencies
satisfied public safety clients around the world
Partnering for Better Public Safety
Explore More on Public Security Solutions From SAS
- Solution Brief Law enforcement and public safety crime insightsGain faster insights from NIBRS data to help solve and prevent crime.
- Blog Post Meet the women fighting child exploitationGet to know the women who have poured their energy into SAS' investigation tool for fighting child sexual exploitation.
- Infographic The Value of SAS Law Enforcement IntelligenceDiscover the true value of SAS law enforcement intelligence, which keeps investigators at the heart of all decision making.
- Solution Brief Strengthen trust and public security through reliable, cross-agency intelligenceLearn how SAS delivers trusted data and results when time matters, whether investigators are proactively preventing crime or reactively solving crimes that have occurred.
- Solution Brief Manage Covert Human Intelligence Sources in a Controlled, Yet Transparent WayLearn how SAS provides a systematic, governed way to approach the entire range of CHIS operations and reduce all types of risks – for human sources, officers and the organization.
- Solution Brief Positively influence law enforcement and community outcomes while enhancing transparencyExplore how law enforcement leaders can implement police reforms that address public demands for heightened accountability and transparency.
- Solution Brief Improve investigational outcomes using data-driven insights and decisionsLearn how SAS delivers trusted data and results when time matters, whether investigators are proactively preventing crime or reactively solving crimes that have occurred.
- White Paper Fusion Centers: Evolving Roles, Expanding Capabilities, Continuing ChallengesFusion centers have evolved far beyond their original role in counterterrorism and now safeguard and serve the public on many fronts. Experts share their experiences and perspectives on how fusion centers succeed in their missions today and tomorrow.
- White Paper Modernizing Analytics for Law Enforcement Vast new sources of electronic data and advanced analytical methods offer opportunities to quickly resolve individual investigations and discover patterns of activity to exploit in crime prevention.
- Solution Brief Improve intelligence operations with data-driven insights and decisionsLearn how our industry-leading technology platform brings together large data sets and gives users a single view of the truth, with the power to analyze any given entity.
SAS for Public Security Offerings
Explore these products and solutions for addressing public security needs.
- Data Management SoftwareSupercharge your AI journey with seamless data connectivity, enhanced transformations and robust governance.
- SAS for Law Enforcement | Investigations Management | Powered by AzureGain real-time situational awareness for alerting emergency services and improving citizen safety with a solution that combines sensor data and advanced analytics.
- SAS® Law Enforcement IntelligenceEnhance law enforcement and public safety with a cloud-ready, structured environment for collecting, managing and analyzing intelligence data.
- SAS® Visual InvestigatorAddress a wide variety of intelligence analysis and investigation management needs with speed and precision.