A single application for reporting, data exploration and analytics.
See the big picture – and underlying connections.
Quickly spot important relationships in your data using suggestions and clearly identified related measures. Use machine learning and natural language explanations to find, visualize and narrate stories and insights that are easy to understand and explain. Find out why something happened, examine all options and uncover opportunities hidden deep in your data. Automatically highlight key relationships, outliers, clusters and more to reveal vital insights that inspire action.
Turn seeing into understanding with dynamic visuals.
Create stunning interactive reports and dashboards. Quickly summarize key performance metrics, and share them via the web and mobile devices. Executives and frontline staff can quickly interact with and collaborate on insights, slice and dice it to find their own answers, and better understand business performance.
Get answers backed by data, results driven by insight.
Easy-to-use predictive analytics enables even business analysts to assess possible outcomes and make smarter, data-driven decisions – no programming required. Smart algorithms reduce the need for manual experimentation. And you can work collaboratively with experts to focus on what’s most relevant.
Add the 'where' to the 'what.'
Add geographical context to your analyses and visualizations by combining traditional data with location data. Location analysis brings the “where” dimension to the forefront so you can analyze data in new ways to get the full picture before making decisions, while identifying location-specific opportunities.
Streamline the discovery process.
Self-service data preparation gives business users the ability to import their own data, join tables, apply data quality functions, create calculated columns and more – all with drag-and-drop ease. By empowering users to access, combine, clean and prepare their own data in an agile – and trusted – way, SAS Visual Analytics facilitates faster, broader adoption of analytics for your entire organization.
Check out these SAS Visual Analytics interactive demos to see how quickly and easily you can explore and understand data to resolve a variety of industry and business issues.
- Retail Retail InsightsAnalyze regional store performance, and make data-driven decisions about retail business functions.
- Communications Network PerformanceMonitor customer experience and cell tower performance to safeguard brand reputation and customer loyalty.
- Banking Banking & Risk InsightsGet a holistic view of risk and performance across regions, down to the individual counterparty level.
- Utilities Water Consumption & QualityMonitor the quality and consumption of this critical natural resource.
Explore More on SAS® Visual Analytics and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
TDWI Checklist Report: Gaining Business Value from Governed Analytics and Discovery
Discover the seven steps your organization can follow to apply a balanced governance strategy as you expand your use of self-service visual analytics and discovery in this TDWI Checklist.
Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at Scale
Let the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
- Customer Story Property experts open analytics to new marketsNVM enhances real estate analytics with SAS Viya open architecture.
Bringing the Power of SAS to Hadoop
Want to get even more value from your Hadoop implementation? Learn about the SAS portfolio of solutions that enable you to bring the full power of business analytics to Hadoop.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
The Power of Collaboration
This white paper explains the need for and value of the collaboration and self-service capabilities that SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Office Analytics provide. It provides how-to specifics for incorporating SAS Visual Analytics results with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint with plenty of screen shots, explanations and architecture diagrams for IT.
Learn about how the complete liquidity optimization solution from SAS helps banks stay profitable while meeting liquidity requirements.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses the SAS Platform and AI solutions to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Capabilities Report
This report, written by the International Institute for Analytics and sponsored by SAS, examines the relationship between business intelligence (BI) and advanced analytics (AA) in large organizations. The report is based on a survey of midmarket and enterprise businesses about their current BI environments and AA capabilities, including analytics skills and self-service options. Read this report to learn more about the biggest barriers to adoption for BI and AA, the best investments for both, common pitfalls, and how to increase analytics maturity and adoption in your company.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
Making Big Data Actionable
This Harvard Business Review webinar explores how organizations can make big data useful and profitable by embedding analytics into business processes. Readers will learn how to find and communicate new insights more easily with compelling data visualization tools and techniques.
- Customer Story Valencia College uses data-driven approach to improve outcomes in higher educationSAS Visual Analytics empowers administrators to easily manage enrollment, and adjust class availability and resources to help students succeed.
- Customer Story Boosting institutional research with data governance and self-service reportingThe University of Idaho invests in SAS to give administrators access to trusted, insight-rich data.
- Customer Story Building supplier nails inventory managementTravis Perkins uses supply chain analytics from SAS to optimize inventory across its 2,000 stores.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
A New Breed of Self-Service BI That Both Business and IT Users Will Love
Discover why business users and IT professionals alike love using self-service analytics from SAS.
- Customer Story SAS Artificial Intelligence leads to improved customer satisfactionMachine learning models powered by the SAS Platform help high-tech company Konica Minolta Japan reduce costs and enhance competitive edge.
- Customer Story Adding a human touch to medical billingBilling innovator RevSpring deploys advanced analytics and machine learning to reimagine the patient billing and communication process.
How Any Size Organization Can Supersize Results With Data Visualization
Everyone makes better decisions with easy access to powerful, interactive analytics – no matter the size of the business. This e-book profiles six organizations that are using self-service data visualization and exploration to make big improvements in the way they work.
- Customer Story Healthier lives for our four-legged friendsAgria uses SAS to provide better care for pets and peace of mind for their owners.
Advancing Your Business Intelligence With Location Analytics
SAS sees location analytics as an extension of BI, so we partnered with GIS leader Esri to bring GIS and BI together. Learn how users can now access self-service mapping and spatial analytics from within the intuitive SAS Visual Analytics tool.
- Customer Story Targeted offers give hockey fans the royal treatmentLA Kings extend hot streak off the ice with analytics-grounded customer intelligence.
Using Next-Generation Advanced Analytics to Harness Big Data
Discover why Heavy Reading recommends using advanced analytics from proven vendors to obtain real-time intelligence from all your big data.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Customer Story Machine learning helps personalize the gift card experience across retail channelsEpipoli uses SAS artificial intelligence and customer intelligence solutions to craft relevant, real-time offers for customers.
- Article Location intelligence: Adding geospatial context to BI Get tips for implementing a location intelligence data strategy from industry thought leader and data explorer, Jen Underwood.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
Persuading With Data
This HBR Insight Center report examines best practices for using graphics, data and storytelling to make business cases, get organizational buy-in, train talent and win customers. Topics will include selecting the most relevant and compelling metrics, emerging practices and common pitfalls of data visualization and more.
Data Visualization Techniques
A picture is worth a thousand words – especially when you are trying to find relationships and understand your data – which could include thousands or even millions of variables. This paper takes you from the basics of charts and graphs to visualizing big data using SAS Visual Analytics.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
Using Analytics With Open Data to Build a Stronger Government
Learn how governments can use open data and SAS to pinpoint, analyze, solve and predict problems and uncover new opportunities.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on the SAS Platform to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Customer Story Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligenceCurtin University uses SAS Visual Analytics to provide reporting across the organization.
- White Paper Eight Steps for Using Analytics to Gain Value from Text and Unstructured ContentThis TDWI Checklist Report discusses the relevance of text analytics for improving user experiences with the semi-structured and unstructured textual big data now at their disposal.
- Customer Story Next-day deliveries in hand with analyticsParcel delivery company Relais Colis adapts to online shopping revolution by using SAS Visual Analytics to automate reporting, shorten delivery times.
Reporting: What You Don't Know Will Hurt You
Explore the value of using self-service BI and analytics over traditional BI and relying on IT for analytics. This paper explains how colleges and universities that have used self-service BI and analytics have gained benefits in timely and effective decision making.
- Customer Story Accelerating the evolution of risk analyticsRaiffeisenlandesbank Niederösterreich-Wien AG gains speed and accuracy with SAS High-Performance Risk.
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Customer Story Technology manufacturing backed by data transparencyVecima Networks optimizes its production process with SAS Visual Analytics.
Intelligent Analytics for Smart Machines
Learn how you can make the flood of IIoT data work for you with an end-to-end analytics platform that combines SAS expertise in analytics with Intel’s leading data center technology.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Customer Story Making faster, better lending decisionsLocal Government Federal Credit Union sees efficiency gains with SAS.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
Redefine Your Analytics Journey With Interactive Data Exploration and Predictive Analytics
What if your analytics journey were easier? It can be, in five easy steps. Learn how SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics together can provide a fast, fun way to explore data, build models and find the best performer.
The Democratization of Analytics
International Institute for Analytics summarizes key questions and answers about grass-roots analytics and the business opportunities and challenges that go with this phenomenon.
- Customer Story Self-service analytics advances higher educationThe University of Central Florida depends on analytics and data visualization to uncover insights for increased student success.
How to Apply Analytics to Government Workplace Challenges
See how local, state and federal government agencies can use data and analytics to address the challenges of attracting and keeping the right people, developing a workforce that can deliver the agency’s mission, and doing it efficiently for the best return to taxpayers.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
How Midsized Businesses Can Take Advantage of Big Data
This paper is a great how-to guide for midsized businesses looking to get started in data visualization. These seven practical tips will provide insight on how to get real results from data analysis and visualization.
- Customer Story Analytics powers anti-money laundering effortsSAS helps Landsbankinn reduce false positives and streamline investigation.
Fast and Furious
White paper for IT that explains the components and deployment options for SAS Visual Analytics.
- Customer Story Strengthening communities with analytics in the cloudNonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work.
Building an Analytical Culture for Success
An ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
Check out these products related to SAS Visual Analytics, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.