Citizens expect constant access to services such as water, gas and electricity, and they depend on effective transportation and security systems to get from place to place quickly and safely. This presents a variety of challenges for governments – challenges that an IoT-enabled government could overcome. With the number of IoT-connected devices growing exponentially, the advantages for government have tremendous potential. IoT sensor technologies offer the potential for huge cost savings and increased efficiency (think smart buildings and government fleet management), not to mention significant improvements in public service, like improved traffic flows, availability of clean air and water, safer neighborhoods, and better citizen engagement.
How IoT Analytics From SAS Can Help
Through the power of advanced IoT analytics with embedded AI and machine learning capabilities, SAS enables governments to deliver essential services, improve public safety across cities and transportation infrastructures, and bolster defense and national security. SAS drives value across the analytic life cycle by mining and analyzing IoT data where it lives – edge devices, in the fog or in the cloud – so you can:
- Better engage with citizens.
- Improve resiliency by more effectively managing public infrastructure.
- Manage transportation infrastructures and improve traffic flow.
- Use streaming video from cameras or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for critical asset inspection, intelligence gathering and surveillance to improve public safety.
With IoT analytics solutions from SAS, public sector agencies are better equipped to:
- Make better-informed, accurate and timely decisions to improve outcomes.
- Deliver service responsiveness, especially in cities.
- Ensure operational excellence in infrastructure.
IoT Analytics Products & Solutions for Public Sector
- Data Management SoftwareSupercharge your AI journey with seamless data connectivity, enhanced transformations and robust governance.
- SAS® Analytics for IoTDrive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting IoT analytics in users' hands – from predictive maintenance at scale to superior process optimization and quality, flood prediction and preparedness, energy cost optimization and beyond.
- SAS® Asset Performance AnalyticsHarness M2M and sensor data to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and reducing your risk of revenue loss.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingUse machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights at the edge and make real-time, intelligent decisions in the cloud.
- SAS® Field Quality AnalyticsDetect emerging issues and perform root-cause analysis to improve product quality and brand reputation.
- SAS® for Cold Chain IntegrityEnsure cold chain integrity to maintain product quality, minimize losses and avoid potential regulatory violations.