With digital transformation being a must for banks wishing to stay in business over the long haul, banks must address a variety of challenges – e.g., rising data volumes, data pervasiveness and user demands for data – in order to become the data-driven enterprises they need to be. Massive volumes of data are pouring in from mobile apps and devices in a variety of formats, including images, audio and video. And data is everywhere. Banks are swamped with data on customers, from financial transactions, customer purchase histories, marketing campaigns, social media streams, third-party sources, text messages and more. Users themselves – i.e., bank employees – are potential analytics users who need trustworthy, secure data they can use for decision support and analysis, with self-service access to both data and easy-to-use analytics.
How Data Management Can Help
SAS provides a single, unified data management framework and automated processes – from data collection and aggregation to data validation and cleansing. Our banking and financial analytics software offers the most complete, sophisticated data management capabilities, including:
- Data quality and integration. Consolidate data from internal and external sources, track data lineage, and reduce errors and inconsistencies with embedded data quality tools.
- Data preparation. Prepare data for analytics and reporting in a self-service environment without coding or help from IT. Spend less time preparing data and more time analyzing it.
- Data governance. Spend less time managing data with a consistent set of policies and processes that ensures your data’s conformity with established policies and regulatory standards.
- Personal data protection. Satisfy your customers’ needs for personal data security. Fully understand and monitor the state of your data. Work toward compliance with GDPR and other privacy regulations.
- Data federation and stewardship. Eliminate the complexities of data integration with a virtual data environment that simplifies administration and security while delivering a complete data picture in a business-friendly format.
Why choose SAS?
Only SAS gives you a complete, integrated and trusted view of all your enterprise data. You can access the data you need, when you need it, and eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems. SAS enables you to:
- Ensure that all internal and third-party data gets and stays clean – and that it’s managed in such a way that doesn’t create redundancies – with a built-in data profiler that finds and fixes data quality issues automatically.
- Abandon the piecemeal approach to data management with a single product set for data access, integration, quality, governance and master data management.
- Glean analytical insight from large volumes of unstructured data – from documents, emails, social media sources, etc.
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organization The what, why and how
- Article What was your data doing during the financial crisis?
- Article Data quality: The Achilles' heel of risk management
- Customer Story Advanced analytics fuels virtual banking with data-driven decisions Airstar Bank relies on SAS for risk-based customer due diligence, money laundering detection and comprehensive credit risk management
- Customer Story Combating financial crime and terrorism financing with real-time sanctions screening Orange Bank stays ahead of emerging risks and changing regulations with a cloud-based sanctions-screening solution from SAS and Neterium
- Data quality is a strategic decision Crédito y Caución integrates data quality into its management model
Data Management Solutions for Banking
- Data AccessBreak down data silos and address data problems while gaining a vision for the future.
- SAS® Data PreparationAccess, profile, cleanse and transform data using an intuitive interface.
- What is Data Quality from SAS?What is data quality? Data quality gives you a single interface to manage the entire data quality life cycle: profiling, standardising, matching and monitoring. SAS LU
- SAS® Data Quality for Midsize BusinessAssess, improve, monitor and manage the quality of all your data, structured and unstructured.