Analytics for Child Well-Being
Keeping children safe.
In many instances of child abuse or neglect, information is available that could help identify high-risk situations before tragedies occur. That's why SAS is combining its industry-leading data management and advanced analytics with proven models that can help save children's lives.
Gain a holistic view of all data available for a child.
Get a broader, more comprehensive understanding of a child, as well as the child's home, school or family environment, by accessing and integrating child-related data from all available sources – social services, foster care, education, health services, child support enforcement, criminal justice systems and more.
Improve child outcomes.
Get a clear picture of which services children are receiving, and assess their impact on improving child outcomes. Identify which service or combination of services have the best chance of helping.
Accurately assess a child's risk to keep children safer.
Go beyond traditional risk assessment tools by incorporating quantitative capabilities that can help improve child safety. Important child-related information is continually monitored and updated, and automated alerts notify caseworkers whenever established thresholds are breached so they can intervene promptly to help keep children safe.
Reduce child support delinquency and increase collections.
Provide caseworkers and managers with timely information they can use to proactively improve program outcomes. Reduce child support delinquencies, increase collections, and more efficiently manage hundreds of thousands of cases every year.
Protecting At-Risk Children with Analytics
Each year, more than 40 million children suffer from some form of neglect or abuse – and case workers are often so overloaded with work that it's difficult to know which cases to prioritize. Find out how advanced analytics from SAS helps workers spot trends and patterns that could save a child's life.
- Comprehensive data management. Access child-related data no matter where it is stored – from legacy systems to Hadoop. SAS Data Management is truly integrated, and all components – from data quality to data federation technology – are part of the same architecture.
- A hybrid analytical approach. Only SAS applies multiple analytical techniques – business rules, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, social network analysis, geospatial analysis, etc. – to provide the most robust child safety risk scoring solution available.
- Risk-weighted scoring. Advanced analytics provides a weighted influence for each risk factor and incorporates complex interactions into an overall risk score.
- Advanced social network analytics. Identify individuals associated with an at-risk child and capture important data about them – criminal histories, behavioral health data, drug or alcohol treatment data, etc.
- Automated monitoring. Risk scores are continuously recalculated based on the most up-to-date information, and an alert engine proactively notifies case workers when risk thresholds are exceeded.
- Reporting. An easy-to-use reporting interface enables you to share critical information in a variety of ways – from raw data reports to pie and bar charts, graphs, and more.