Comprehensive data governance tools for maintaining consistent data governance policies, processes and owners for your corporate information.
Spend less time managing your data – and more time managing your business – with trusted data governance tools.
Control your data through better policies and parameters.
When it comes to knowing what’s happening with your data and who’s altering it, you don’t have to guess – you can know. Set guidelines around who sees what information. Enforce who makes changes – and what changes they can make. Generate snapshots of past business terms and relationships to better meet regulatory requirements. You have the power to be proactive, without compromising security.
Define terms, promote collaboration and pinpoint issues with a business glossary.
SAS Data Governance doesn’t just deliver a standard-issue glossary. It gives you a powerful, interactive repository of terms and definitions that makes it easier to flag and fix issues. You can create and manage SAS and third-party metadata – all from an integrated, workflow-driven environment. Plus you can visualize and create reports to track remediation issues or monitor data health.
Measure your success and track progress.
With built-in reporting, monitoring and validation, our data governance tools let you know if you’re succeeding, or whether you need to make changes. You can use an intuitive dashboard to monitor trends. Know when policies are being followed. And trace them when they aren't.
Manage reference data from a single location.
Setting up and maintaining reference data is easy for both business and IT. Your tech experts build a table directly into a job – and then that information can be updated by business users. It's an efficient way to keep your big data updated and accurate, even if it’s stored in Hadoop or Impala.
Explore More on SAS® Data Governance and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Interview Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
- Article A Getting Started With Hadoop ChecklistFrom low-cost storage to distributed processing, Hadoop offers many promises. But there’s an expanding analytics ecosystem evolving around this big data platform that’s worth some study. Read our checklist and make sure you’re not overlooking anything important in your rush to get value from Hadoop.
- Article Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- E-Book Operationalizing AnalyticsExplore how to overcome difficulties related to data and operationalizing analytics. We’ll also look at how one industry – banking – has been able to realize the full benefit of its analytics investment.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019 Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Article Data governance: The case for self-validationLearn why you should redefine data governance policies to empower customers to be accountable for keeping their personal data accurate, consistent and up-to-date.
- Article The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsSAS believes product innovation and trusted support are key to market growth for data quality solutions.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Article Data governance framework: What is it and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
- Article 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Article 5 ways to become data-drivenSuccessful data-driven businesses foster collaborative, goal-oriented cultures, have leaders who believe in data and are governance-oriented. Read more in this summary of TDWI research that uncovers best practices for becoming data-driven.
- Analyst Report SAS throws its hat into the self-service data preparation ring with Data Loader for HadoopThe strategy centers on three key themes: 'big data'management and governance involving Hadoop, the streamlining of access to information, and the use of its federation and integration offerings to enable the right data to be available, at the right time.
- Analyst Report Bloor Market Update: Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Article Goooooal! How data stewards score with data visualizationWhen it comes to data visualization, the role a data steward plays is not so different from that of a referee. They both enforce rules, stay true to the game, and are critical to success.
- White Paper IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- Analyst Report SAS takes Event Stream Processing to Cisco's edge for Internet of Things stackSAS and Cisco work together to enable IOT type analytics from the edge of the network to the data center to the cloud, according to 451 Research.
- Article Soccer versus baseball: which is the best analogy for data governance?Is data governance more like baseball, featuring individual effort, or like soccer, where a team approach wins? Carol Newcomb evaluates the best sports analogy for data governance.
- Article Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
Check out these products related to SAS Data Governance, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- Data Management SoftwareGo beyond managing your data to unleashing its full potential.
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.