A powerful, flexible matrix programming language for interactive and exploratory data analysis.
Easily translate mathematical formulas into innovative programs for matrix computations, numerical analysis, optimization, simulation, statistics and data analysis.
Program easily and efficiently.
Simple syntax and an extensive function library make it easy to translate mathematical formulas into statistical programming statements. You can implement custom analyses for a variety of applications and even build your own module library. Share your programs and libraries by writing packages, and download programs written by others.
Interactively perform exploratory analysis.
Graphically explore data to spot hidden patterns, uncover relationships among variables, understand outliers and identify unusual features in the data. Dynamically linked graphics enable you to select observations in one graph and see those same observations highlighted in all other views of the data.
Run optimizations and simulations.
Find optimum values for objective functions, subject to constraints. Simulate data, solve linear systems and perform matrix computations. And there's no need to declare or allocate storage for a data matrix, because SAS IML software does this automatically.
Understand relationships in complex data using exploratory data analysis. SAS IML software includes hundreds of functions for implementing specialized analyses and algorithms, with the ability to code from open source languages.
High-level programming language
Lets you take a programming approach to matrix-oriented operations and analysis.
Accessible, cloud-enabled in-memory engine
Uses the SAS Viya platform, providing high availability, fast in-memory processing, the ability to code from open source languages and native cloud support.
Supports matrix operations, solving linear systems and matrix decompositions.
Includes built-in functions for numerical linear algebra, root-finding algorithms, integrals and derivatives, differential equations and interpolation.
Enables linear programming and mixed-integer linear programming.
Lets you simulate from dozens of built-in distributions – including univariate, multivariate and time series models – and program custom simulations, including regression and spatial models.
SAS Viya's architecture is compact, cloud-native and fast. Whether you prefer to use the SAS Cloud or a public or private cloud provider, you'll be able to make the most of your cloud investment.
Available on Your Preferred Cloud Provider
Conquer all your analytics challenges with faster decisions in the cloud.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS IML.
- SAS® Econometrics Analyze complex business and economic scenarios, providing a scientific basis for better decision making.
- SAS® OptimizationFind optimal solutions to complex business and planning problems faster than ever.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsVisually explore all data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the web and mobile devices.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.
- SAS® Visual StatisticsCreate and modify predictive models faster than ever using a visual interface and in-memory processing.
- SAS® Viya®Get the power of SAS in one easy-to-use solution with the speed and convenience of being entirely cloud native.