Turn your customer data into better experiences
Recent marketing articles
- What is marketing automation?Marketing automation uses the customer data you collect to create more effective campaigns and for better decisions across all channels – email, social and web.
- Real-time customer engagement is the future of experience managementReal-time customer engagement delivers contextual recommendations and decisions to your interactive customer channels at every possible touch point.
- Marketing for the midmarketMidsized organizations know their greatest asset is customer data. With analytics and powerful data visualization they're improving customer engagements.
- It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Customer loyalty in a digital world: A new approachCustomer loyalty offers a good news/bad news message. Loyalty programs are on the rise. Bad news? About 60 percent of your customer don't belong. Here are some ways to attract and retain the best customers.
- Marketing measurement do's and don'tsHow can marketers capture the C-suite's attention? Draw a clear line between marketing activities and results.
- How to build better customer loyaltyCustomer loyalty just doesn't happen because you wish for it. You have to work at it. Here are some ways to make your efforts more successful.
- Know your data, know your customersIn the digital world, customers expect to be known as individuals with distinct preferences, not just as one member of a segment. Learn how to start with analytics.
- Do marketers need real-time analyticsHow can you ensure that real-time analytics enhances your customer and marketing operations? Here are four tips for applying real-time approaches.
- How do you build loyalty with fickle online shoppers?With a roster of millions of active members, flash sale phenom Gilt seems to have found the secret to personalized digital marketing. Here’s how they do it.
- Six steps to optimize your marketing What’s keeping organizations from realizing the full value of their marketing optimization solutions? What are the most common pitfalls marketers encounter as they adopt it? And what needs to be in place in order for marketing optimization to work effectively? To answer these questions and more, here are six best practices.
- The digitization of everything — its impact on customer experienceWhen your coffee barista greets you by name and has your usual morning order piping hot and waiting for you — that’s customer relationship management at its finest. But with tech innovations rapidly merging the digital and physical worlds, what will CRM look like in the future? Brian Vellmure explores this question and more.
- The digitization of everything – its impact on the buyer’s journey and marketing’s roleFor nearly a century, the buyer’s journey was relatively linear. Advertising through mass media led to conversing with salespeople, friends and family. A purchase was made. But in today’s digitally networked world, studies show there are 3,000 different paths to purchase. How does marketing respond to this new reality? Brian Vellmure has answers.
- A lesson in customer service from Chick-fil-A President Dan CathyDoes Chick-fil-A’s commitment to be kind to employees and provide heartfelt hospitality to customers make the food taste better? President and COO Dan Cathy says it does, and the numbers back him up. He recently shared the secret behind the family-owned company's success.
- Marketing-IT alignment is possibleAdele Sweetwood’s marketing organization has a strong partnership with IT, but it wasn’t always so. For the many marketers out there still struggling, here are her six tips for building the relationship.
- Brian Solis on making business more humanHow can marketers connect with customers in the new digital economy? In this short video, Brian Solis, Principal Analyst at Altimeter Group, advocates going back to the basics: what customers think, believe and share with others.
- Seth Godin’s rules for marketing in the new economyAre you invisible or remarkable? That's the question Seth Godin believes marketers should ask themselves in the new economy. And there are three simple reasons why.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox