How SAS® Supports Enterprise Stress Testing
A comprehensive solution, focusing on integration, orchestration, workflows and governance.
While stress testing has primarily served as a vehicle for bank supervision, scenario-based analytics is emerging as a valuable tool for capital planning and strategic business management at financial institutions. SAS offers a comprehensive solution for scenario analysis that addresses the entire stress test production cycle and provides the ability to bring risk and finance numbers together into a single view.
Configurable workflows & centralized orchestration
- An embedded workflow engine lets you specify tasks, timelines and approval paths.
- Centralized status monitoring enables you to track progress against plans, provide approvals, and include attachments and comments for each step.
- Centralized scenario management lets you import, export, store and change scenarios easily.
- Our solution includes configurable portfolio segmentation and business evolution plans.
Powerful data management with integrated governance & controls
- Preconfigured data quality rules are mapped to BCBS239 principles.
- A controlled, centralized model library automatically documents all changes to data and facilitates model control by enabling all models to be versioned and searched.
- The solution lets you promote models from development to production, as well as archive previous model versions.
- Security management capabilities protect project data, models, scenarios, hierarchies and configuration.
High-performance, adaptive architecture
- High-performance, in-database/in-memory execution enables timely, on-demand simulations, analysis and decisions.
- The solution scales to the size and complexity of your institution, up to the largest and most complex global enterprises, and is designed to adapt to changing business needs and market requirements.
Why choose SAS for enterprise stress testing?
SAS provides a comprehensive, integrated stress testing environment that can adapt to changing business needs and market requirements.
Get to Know SAS Solution for Stress Testing
Working Smarter With Enterprise Stress Testing From SAS
Chartis Names SAS a Winner in Seven Categories
Continuing its march up the world’s foremost ranking of the Top 100 risk management and compliance technology providers, SAS bested seven technology award categories, including AI for Banking, Balance Sheet Risk Management, Behavioral Modeling, Enterprise Stress Testing, IFRS 9, Model Risk Management, and Risk & Finance Integration.
Recommended Solutions for Enterprise Stress Testing
Solutions That Extend Enterprise Stress Testing Capabilities
- SAS® Model Risk ManagementSignificantly reduce your model risk, improve your decision making and financial performance, and meet regulatory demands with comprehensive model risk management.
- SAS® Risk ModelingQuickly develop, validate, deploy and track risk models in house – while minimizing model risk and improving model governance.
Explore More on Enterprise Stress Testing & Beyond
- Analyst Report Standard Chartered Bank: Turning Stress Testing from Compliance Tool to Competitive AdvantagePartnering with SAS, Standard Chartered Bank built a robust stress testing platform. It started out as a tool for regulatory compliance and was expanded for assessing the effect of crisis scenarios on its future P&L and balance sheet. The bank has migrated this Scenario-based Analytics Platform to a centralized and more powerful second generation, and SAS is a key technology component in the solution.
- Article Scenario stress testing: Beyond regulatory complianceScenario stress testing offers banks a way to simulate responses to a financial crisis using a wide range of conditions and levels of severity.
- White Paper Scenario-Based Risk Management: Overcoming the ChallengesAs regulatory stress test regimes mature, financial institutions are looking for ways to harness investments they made in stress testing programs to gain additional business value.
- White Paper Stress Testing 2.0: Better Informed Decisions Through Expanded Scenario-Based Risk ManagementA road map for those who are starting to build – or are rethinking their approach to – their stress testing infrastructure and strategy.