News and views from the analytics experts
- Article SAS CIO: Why leaders must cultivate curiosity in 2021With the change we’re all facing this year, CIOs should be counting on curiosity to play a crucial role in how we’re going to meet the challenges that lie ahead. From the moment COVID-19 hit, our IT organization has relied on curiosity – that strong desire to explore, learn, know - to fuel the urgent changes required. And it’s curiosity that will enable us to meet the needs of the future of work post-pandemic.
- Article Five ways your organization can enhance resilience for years to comeInnovation, agility and customer-centricity frequently top the list of companies’ strategic objectives, and now the most urgent priority is resilience. Given this new urgency, it’s worth taking a close look at the underpinnings of resilience and how they could be applied in any industry. This article explores how analytics can help boost resilience and includes key elements to keep your organization resilient.
- Article Resilience in the face of unpredictabilityUnpredictability can “shatter and reshape” a society. And in these unpredictable times, it is important to remain resilient and be prepared to bounce back. This article explores what it truly means to be resilient, how to build it, and how analytics can help you act when your resilience is tested.
- Article Homelessness data holds insights to a hidden problemSAS partnered with The Carying Place, an organization that supports working homeless families, to find new ways to measure indicators of participant success and provide families the help they deserve.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox
Fraude e Segurança
- Article Unemployment fraud meets analytics: Battle lines are clearly drawnMany fraudsters seized opportunities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. During the crisis, unemployment fraud became a battleground between international criminal networks and government agencies. Learn how analytics can save billions – and deliver benefits to those truly in need.
- Article Managing fraud risk: 10 trends you need to watchSynthetic identities, credit washing and income misrepresentation – these are just some of the trends to watch if you’re trying to understand how to manage fraud risk. Find out what’s on the top 10 list of trends according to experts like Frank McKenna and Mary Ann Miller.
- Article Continuous monitoring: Stop procurement fraud, waste and abuse nowProcurement fraud, waste and abuse silently robs businesses an average of 5% of spend annually. And even when organizations invest in detection methods, they’re often let down by their techniques. Learn what continuous monitoring is and why this proven analytical method is key to fighting back.
- Article Como gerenciar o risco de fraude na era digital
- Article Beyond IFRS 17 – what's next?IFRS 17 is not just a new accounting standard. Its fundamental objective is to provide transparency and insight to the insurance business while identifying strengths and areas for improvement. Learn how to keep a long-term vision and achieve broader business value beyond the immediate demands of IFRS 17.
- Article Redução de riscos: qual sua importância hoje?Antecipar-se a um evento sempre será uma vantagem competitiva, e isso deve envolver a redução de riscos financeiros, de crédito, legais, econômicos ou transacionais.
- Article IFRS 17: Waiting is not an optionIFRS 17 is a principles-based accounting standard for the future-oriented valuation of insurance contracts. Designed to increase financial transparency, IFRS 17 requires insurers to report in more detail on how insurance and reinsurance contracts affect their finances and risk.
- Article Scenario stress testing: Beyond regulatory complianceScenario stress testing offers banks a way to simulate responses to a financial crisis using a wide range of conditions and levels of severity.