On-site and online, SAS® Global Forum is live from Orlando April 2-5
World’s largest analytics conference serves data practitioners everywhere through live streaming and on-demand content
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort will become the world’s epicenter of advanced analytics next week. That’s when an estimated 30,000 data practitioners and business leaders from more than 60 countries will gather in-person and online for SAS® Global Forum 2017. Unrivaled learning and networking opportunities will empower attendees to tap the unrealized potential of their data using the latest technology and techniques.
Unable to attend in-person? The SAS Global Forum 2017 live and on-demand portal will broadcast many of the most anticipated sessions and keynotes, including:
- The opening session with SAS founder and CEO Jim Goodnight sets the stage for what’s ahead with a look at tech trends that will change the world (Sunday, April 2, 7 p.m. ET).
- SAS Chief Technology Officer Oliver Schabenberger brings attendees face-to-face with new technology and the people who create it with “Analytics in Action. Innovation at Work” (Monday, April 3, 8:30 a.m. ET).
- The University of Florida’s Jay Coleman explains how he and colleagues used analytics to model the NCAA Men's Basketball Committee's at-large bid process, successfully predicting 173 of 182 at-large teams over the last five seasons – a 95 percent accuracy rate – in “The Analytics of NCAA Tournament Selection Committee Decisions” (Monday, April 3, 2:30 p.m. ET).
- The world’s only recognized cyborg, Neil Harbisson, describes how the antenna implanted in his head enables him to hear the color spectrum in his keynote, “I Listen to Color” (Tuesday, April 4, 8:30 a.m. ET).
- Anthony Perez, Executive Vice President of Strategy for basketball’s Orlando Magic, chats with Vice President of SAS Best Practices Jill Dyché about the Magic’s analytics journey in “Game Changer” (Tuesday, April 4, 2:15 p.m. ET).
Visit the portal for a complete live stream agenda.
Learning and fun, combined into one
When business professionals let analytics be their guide, a whole new world of possibilities opens. No matter the role or skill set, SAS Global Forum attendees can customize an agenda that helps them tackle their biggest challenges in analytics, big data, data management, marketing, fraud and security, and risk management.
- Users program: Data scientists, programmers and analytics pros will explore new ways of using SAS with practical tips and tricks from data innovators at AIG, Equifax, Intel, ING Bank, Johnson & Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, Nielsen, Oberweis Dairy, Vanderbilt University and more.
- Executive program: Executives director-level and above will explore best practices and firsthand experiences with peers from industry pioneers like Accenture, BB&T, CrescentCare Health, Duke Energy, Lenovo, Lockheed Martin, Scripps Networks Interactive, the Auto Club Group and more.
Between sessions, attendees will find The Quad a casual gathering place where SAS users and executives alike can interact with other big data enthusiasts. With more than 80,000 square feet, The Quad offers something for everyone, including technical and executive-level presentations, technology demos, books and merchandise, code troubleshooting and more.
Tuesday night’s Kick Back Party takes conference attendees to Disney's Hollywood Studios® Sunset Boulevard for an unforgettable 1930s-themed dance party, where beloved Disney characters will mix and mingle with revelers. And don’t forget exclusive rides and attractions – open just for SAS Global Forum guests.
Online registration is open now. On-site registration begins Saturday, April 1.
Join the conversation and activities online via your favorite channels:
- Blogs: Read reports from sessions, view video updates and hear from SAS and customer experts via SAS blogs.
- Twitter: Follow @SASsoftware and the hashtag #SASGF.
- Instagram: Follow @SASsoftware and hashtag #SASGF.
- Facebook: Like SAS Software and SAS Users Group to receive updates.
- LinkedIn: Check the SAS company and SAS Users Group pages regularly for updates.
Diamond Sponsors for SAS Global Forum are Accenture, EY, Intel and Teradata. Emerald Sponsors are Cloudera and Oracle. All sponsors will exhibit in The Quad.