SAS Law Enforcement Intelligence Features List
Data integration & management
- Access and integrate large volumes of structured and unstructured data from disparate internal and external sources.
- Reduce or eliminate redundant or inconsistent data with automated, built-in data quality tools.
- Seamlessly integrate the solution with existing third-party systems and applications.
Search & discovery
- Free-text and geospatial searches enable discovery of data pertinent to an investigation across all internal and external data sources.
- Interactive filters and facets let you refine search results.
- Perform field-based, form searches for specific entity types – e.g., first name and surname for an individual, or registration/license plate number for a specific vehicle.
- Fuzzy searching, proximity searching and field boosting can be used while restricting searches to specific entity types, fields, comments or insights.
- Inspector Pane enables interactive previewing and refining of search result details.
- Selection tools let you highlight and collate objects for further investigation.
- Intelligence management:
- Workflow processes and associated entities support all levels of activity, from basic input to complex intelligence development.
- Integrated alert generation allows for efficient triage and workload prioritization.
- Powerful visualization capabilities enable the development of deep analytical insights and the building of intelligence products that incorporate network link diagrams, timelines, map views and more.
- Incident and crime recording:
- Tailor data collection and business processes to meet your agency's requirements.
- Support operational activities peripheral to the main incident with all the necessary entities and workflows.
- Streamline operational processes with integrated tasking and notifications.
- Highlight significant patterns and anomalies in the data with analytical alert generation.
- Add, remove and annotate images relating to an object.
- Investigation management:
- Follow industry best-practice methodologies to create policy/decision logs, perform risk assessments and apply action plans.
- Use text analytics (e.g., when you have a significant number of documents, such as witness statements) to isolate relevant entities and link them to a set of unique records.
- Simultaneously manage multiple investigation streams using visualization workspaces.
- Develop hypotheses by generating network link diagrams, timelines and map views.
- Automated report generation:
- Generate a range of standardized operational reports for internal use or for sharing with partner agencies.
- Ensure report quality and completeness by collating multiple records into relevant case entities (e.g., incident reports, investigation updates, person records).
- Populate report print templates automatically.
- Record linking:
- Use a substantiation model to ensure that records don't exist in isolation and are always linked to one or more entity types.
Alert & intelligent case management
- Automatically prioritize alerts.
- Visualize alerts in different ways to gain context.
- Enhance alerts by adding entities and integrating and connecting data.
- Escalate alerts by routing them or changing their priority.
- Apply autodisposition options.
- Designate an alert to prompt a deeper investigation.
- Provide management overview of disposition activity.
Entity analytics & resolution
- Powerful entity extraction and resolution capabilities automatically link entities based on recorded characteristics.
- Network viewer/node link diagram lets you visualize and interactively explore networks and their layouts, develop communities and identify hidden relationships.
- Multilevel link expansion lets you visualize complete networks and relationships.
- Network analytics identifies areas of interest and centrality within the network by showing entity closeness, betweenness, influence, etc.
- Node decorators help you identify entities at a glance and better understand network data by highlighting useful information on the node icon view (e.g., you can use an indicator to differentiate customer accounts held at different banks).
- Author scenarios using an intuitive rule builder, decision table or by writing SAS code.
- Restrict defined scenarios for parameter adjustments by role.
- Perform scenario testing.
- Create scenario-based scores.
- Execute scenarios in batch or on demand.
- Tripwire functionality enables object tagging so whenever anyone views, edits or deletes the object, an email is sent to users who have registered an interest in it. Tripwires can be configured to display a message to the user viewing the object.
- Interactive visualization and search components let you build, gather, explore, visualize and manipulate data pertinent to an investigation.
- Take static clips of visualizations and add them to the Insights module to narrate maps, timelines, networks and other content.
- Self-service features let you perform ad hoc data imports, analysis, indexing and data visualization.
Administration & configuration
- An open data model enables you to configure the solution to meet your agency's unique and evolving business requirements and situations.
- A streamlined workflow lets you easily configure and manage alerts and events.
- Dynamic page designer and viewer enables you to design interfaces, components and screens used to display and work with data. You can drag and drop standard controls (e.g, text boxes, calendar controls and maps) onto a form to present data to the user in the most suitable manner.
- Easily develop, maintain and deploy solutions using the configuration import/export component.
- Workflow engine models and enforces business processes within the solution, ensuring compliance with relevant best practices or regulatory requirements.
- Role-based access controls ensure that data is only accessible by authenticated and authorized users.
- A detailed audit trail provides a detailed view of user actions and activities within the system.
- Code editor enables administrators to easily make changes to certain custom controls delivered with the solution (e.g., Map Lookup control and Markup control).
SAS Mobile Investigator
- Access SAS Intelligence and Investigation Management on the go from mobile devices with the SAS Mobile Investigator app.
- Search data, receive and process tasks, create new content and manage investigations via the app.
- The app is connected to SAS Visual Investigator with the added capability of device services, such as GPS location detection.
- Supports integration with your gazetteer of choice.
- Map Lookup function helps identify and display location, enabling users to search for locations using full or partial addresses.