DATA MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS
Turn big data into big value
Recent Data Management articles
- IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- RGPD et entreprises canadiennes : préparez-vousL’Europe s’apprête à adopter en mai prochain ce qui s’annonce comme la réglementation relative à la protection de la vie privée la plus stricte au monde.
- Data quality management What you need to knowData quality isn’t simply good or bad. Data quality management puts quality in context to improve fitness of the data you use for analysis and decision-making.
- The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- What is data profiling and how does it make big data easier?Data profiling, the act of monitoring and cleansing data, is an important tool organizations can use to make better data decisions.
- Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- 5 ways data monetization can inform data strategyData monetization promises more than monetary returns. Anne Buff explains how monetization drives strategy for data-driven organizations.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- The importance of data quality: A sustainable approachBad data wrecks countless business ventures. Here’s a data quality plan to help you get it right.
- Chief data officer role shakes up traditional data governanceDoes every organization need someone in the chief data officer role to manage data governance?
- 8 ways an enterprise data strategy enables big data analyticsAnalyzing big data can reveal new insights and strengthen business decisions. Here's why you need an enterprise data strategy to help you get there.
- Big data management: 5 things you need to knowBig data management demands new tools and processes. Learn about 5 things that can help you manage big data better and get consistent analytic results.
- Clear-cut big data strategy tied to strong financial performanceWondering how important your big data strategy is? Find out from this 2015 report that’s based on a survey of more than 500 global executives.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox