SAS Solution for IFRS 17 Features List
Comprehensive IFRS 17 solution
Comprehensive IFRS 17 solution
- Templates for data quality controls, contract grouping and CSM calculation for direct insurance and re-insurance contract groups (GMM, PAA and VFA).
- High-performance and in-memory calculations.
- Calculation transparency and auditability.
- Financial planning capabilities for processing multiperiod scenarios for the future.
IFRS 17 reporting
IFRS 17 reporting
- Provides detailed historical financial reports down to the unit of measurement, applied in calculations and postings.
- Lets you drill down into reports to the details of the measures (movements) that affected a given item in the structure of accounts, with information on credits and debits.
- Provides reports on data completeness (delivery of all required data packages and all needed cross-sections), accuracy of data (invalid values, confidence in data) and appropriateness of data.
- Provides process quality reports on the advancement of all processes by entities (and whether the steps were finished in the required time and which users are falling behind).
- Provides internal reports, including controlling and management reports. Additional reports may be added during the implementation project based on your requirements.
- Enables you to drill back to data sources.
- Provides reports in multiple formats (XLS, XML and CSV files).
- Enables possible integration with regulator infrastructure (i.e., e-filing).
- Provides database security, audit trails and versioning.
- Provides interactive financial planning reports for comparative analysis of production results, financial planning results, iterations of plans and scenarios.
- Enables a gradual implementation based on industry best practices.
- Provides a definition template of the process (i.e., preparing data, validations, calculations, allocations and reporting) and the ability to run calculations as instances of this template.
- Provides an integrated environment for managing risk and finance data including:
- Data collection, aggregation and allocation.
- Calculation of IFRS 17 measures.
- Creation of accounting entries and disclosures.
- Integrates all external sources – actuarial, finance, risk – and the solution components.
- Coordinates and performs all activities between IT, actuaries and finance.
- A dashboard monitors end-to-end process execution and enables fast identification of problematic areas.
- Includes the following activities:
- Data management.
- Calculation executions.
- Scenario management.
- Worksheets that provide data views.
- Planning and reporting.
- Data collection capabilities include data extraction, data quality checks, data enrichment and final validations.
- Enables you to review input data and make needed adjustments.
- Lets you calculate with discounted or undiscounted cash flows over the three approaches.
- Enables viewing of the calculation results. Additional validation rules may be involved at this stage.
- Generates postings based on predefined account hierarchy. Manual adjustments are possible at this stage.
- Lets you prepare a trial balance sheet report for additional analysis of results before they are pushed down to the general ledger.
- Data packages are sent to other systems (i.e., the general ledger and reporting area).
- Provides milestone project points where decision making is required (approve/reject results, sign-off).
- Lets you define collaboration and workflow.
- Lets you orchestrate/automate and execute – leveraging parallelization, multiperiod scenarios processing and results generation – through a single core flow.
- For financial planning activities, provides purging mechanisms for minimization of data footprint and optimization of the overall process.
- Provides a dedicated data model for storing collecting, storing and combining key data at a granular level.
- Provides the opportunity for further analysis, including what-if analysis.
- Periodically records a summary-level entry in the general ledger. If information in a general ledger account contains this summarized information, you can access the SAS subledger to review transaction-specific information.
- Stores and manages accounting events.
- Store and manages a ledger with a chart of accounts.
- Lets you define mapping rules.
- Lets you generate, reverse, repeat and manually update postings.
- Provides administration of accounting definitions, account details, mapping rules and postings (review, update, revert or redo).
- Supports multiple accounting standards.
- Supports multiple currencies.
- Defines the structure of accounts for IFRS 17.
- Defines of IFRS 17-specific posting rules.
- Calculates and stores initial CSM, CSM amortization, risk adjustment and present value movement analysis.
- Generates posting entries for balance sheet (including detailed disclosure) and statement of comprehensive income.
- Dedicated configuration for financial planning chart of account.
- Stores financial planning and scenario related results.
- Includes a predefined, extensible data model.
- Provides comprehensive data management capabilities, including: connectivity and centralized metadata; data cleansing; ETL; data migration and synchronization; data federation; and master data management. Also provides:
- Landing area with configuration, mapping and fact tables.
- Results data area with measurement and posting tables.
- Data archive.
- Data quality rules to check volume, completeness and accuracy of the inputs.
- Data governance business glossary and metadata manager, lineage visualizer and reference data manager.
- For data access and delivery:
- SAS® Data Surveyor for SAP provides access to SAP B/W metadata, which increases productivity and decreases time and costs for SAP integration.
- SAS® Federation Server provides dynamic data masking of secure, cached data from multiple traditional and big data sources on demand through integrated virtual views without physically moving the data.
- SAS/ACCESS® software provides seamless and transparent read, write and update access to more than 60 data sources, including relational databases, big data technologies such as Hadoop and Impala, nonrelational databases, PC files and data warehouse appliances.
- For integrating and transforming data:
- SAS Data Loader for Hadoop enables self-service big data access to profile, transform and prepare Hadoop data for visualization or analytics.
- SAS Data Management enables you to join, transform, cleanse and govern your data for the purposes of creating reports, populating a data warehouse via ETL, modernizing legacy applications and databases, or performing analytics.
- For data quality and governance:
- SAS Data Quality enables you to cleanse, standardize and transform your data, driving more accurate reporting and analytics and better business decisions.
- SAS Data Governance puts the policies, processes and rules in place to manage data with consistency and transparency and better align business and IT.
- Translates calculation results into journal entries that will be fed to the general ledger.
- Provides a definition of accounting events that drive the postings.
- Includes currency conversion logic for different currencies.