BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE INSIGHTS
See your data in new ways
Recent Business Intelligence articles
- Optimizing well placement to eliminate water poverty How data visualization is helping Water for Good bring fresh water to the Central African Republic.
- The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Seven tips for creating a self-service BI governance strategySelf-service BI and IT governance – sometimes the two seem at odds. Can they coexist peacefully? Live happily ever after? TDWI thinks so. They offer seven tips for creating a strategy that works for both.
- Location intelligence: Adding geospatial context to BI Get tips for implementing a location intelligence data strategy from industry thought leader and data explorer, Jen Underwood.
- Location analytics: Why adding where makes BI betterLearn how location analytics can enrich your BI endeavors by blending geographic data, spatial analysis and business data for deeper insights.
- The University of Alabama makes better decisions through education analyticsAt the University of Alabama, the Office of Institutional Research and Assessments use analytics and data visualizations to uncover better student outcomes.
- Can analytics and the IoT prevent an energy sector death spiral?How does the energy sector develop strategies to effectively leverage opportunities. How can the internet of things (IoT) and analytics save the industry?
- Learning the art of analytical storytellingCrafting and pitching enticing data-driven stories is a vital skill to master. Here are a few tips to help you get started with storytelling visualizations.
- Governed analytics and discovery: Balancing business user and IT needsTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Stop guessing and try data-driven business decisions insteadHere's some advice from TWDI's David Stodder on how to use visual analytics for data-driven business decisions.
- Transaction monitoring: To segment or not?A typical anti-money laundering transaction monitoring program has scenarios that monitor the customers and accounts that pose the most risk. The fact is … this one-size-fits-all methodology isn’t very effective because customers transact differently based on many factors. So how do you incorporate that into your program?
- Big data isn’t just for big businesses Midsize businesses are taking advantage of big data with data visualization. Here are five tips for getting started.
- Best practices report: Business-driven BI and AnalyticsEasy-to-use BI tools are causing business users to bypass IT, but there are pitfalls. Collaboration is needed to make effective use of resources and data says David Stodder in this best practices report from TDWI.
- Three reasons reporting and analytics projects fail and how to avoid the pitfallsLearn how to deal with three potential risk areas before you dive into a reporting and analytics project.
- Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
- Forecasting in the pocketLearn how to design better forecasting apps for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices with tips from a renowned user-interface expert.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox