How SAS® Enables Contact Tracing Investigations for Public Health
The swift spread of the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for innovative solutions to modernize contact tracing capabilities. Used for decades to reduce the spread of communicable diseases, contact tracing has traditionally been a manual, time-consuming and resource-intensive effort. Fortunately, data visualization and analytics can help public health officials uncover insights from contact tracing investigations and publicly available health data – even if that data is scattered throughout multiple, disparate sources (e.g., case reports and emails).
Establish a contact tracing investigations database
- Gather contact tracing investigations for public health data in a system optimized for analysis.
- Use identification methods to consolidate multiple records of the same individual.
- Establish and visualize links among patients, contacts and locations.
- Observe how linkages form over time.
Enrich contact tracing investigations for publich health data with external sources
- Identify contact faster by quickly establishing better, more comprehensive links.
- Integrate data from multiple sources – passenger manifests; public health enrollment; school, university and employee rosters; phone location data; and more.
Generate intelligent alerts
- Dispatch alerts that convey health risk warnings.
- Customize alerts for each contact (e.g., directing them to a designated testing facility at a specified date and time).
- Communicate alerts in the most appropriate manner – e.g., directly by a public health official or through automated channels (text/SMS messages, emails, etc.).
Related Products & Solutions
- Advanced Analytics Maximize the value of your data with the world’s best advanced analytics.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) SolutionsUnlock new possibilities with artificial intelligence solutions from SAS that augment human efforts.
- Data Management SoftwareSupercharge your AI journey with seamless data connectivity, enhanced transformations and robust governance.