Expert insights into artificial intelligence, machine learning, and beyond
Recent AI Insights
- AI in government: The path to adoption and deploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
- From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
- AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
- What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
- Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
- A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new worldWhat is the interplay between man and machine in a brave new world with AI?
- 3 steps for AI ethicsWill artificial intelligence benefit humanity or usher in a series of unintended consequences? AI ethics may be one way to ensure artificial intelligence is used for good.
- Nerd in the herd: protecting elephants with data scienceA passionate SAS data scientist uses machine learning to detect tuberculosis in elephants. Find out how her research can help prevent the spread of the disease.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox