The historically risk-averse retail and consumer goods industry has been taking a slow, methodical approach to cloud adoption. As a result, many companies are technologically behind typical customers, who often have more computing power in their hands than a store associate serving them. Perhaps the biggest issue preventing large-scale cloud adoption in retail and consumer goods is security, with many fearing that having more data in the cloud will increase the risk of cybersecurity breaches. And retailers and consumer goods companies have always been averse to relinquishing control of their IT assets.
How SAS® Can Help
With analytics solutions in the cloud, SAS can help you improve your decision making, regardless of your organization's level of analytical maturity. Our secure, dependable infrastructure gives you peace of mind while enabling you to:
- Analyze and understand demand and product price elasticity to boost profitability.
- Adopt a customer experience analytics foundation that spans all data, analytics and decisioning needs.
- Segment customer lists into identifiable groups based on shopping behaviors.
- Explore retail and consumer goods trends, identify opportunities and meet financial objectives.
Why choose SAS for analytics in the cloud?
SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge retail and consumer goods analytics via the cloud securely, in the way that works best for your business:
- Software as a service (SaaS). We offer standardized, off-the-shelf SaaS offerings that are available for immediate use right out of the box.
- Managed application services. Take advantage of cutting-edge SAS technology with maximum uptime, managed by us on your site or ours.
- SAS software deployed in public or private clouds. We offer multiple ways to deploy SAS in public or private clouds, including deployment patterns like Docker containers, Kubernetes for orchestration, or support for Cloud Foundry.
- Cloud-specific SAS offerings. SAS works with major cloud infrastructure providers like Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Red Hat to streamline SAS deployments in public clouds. We also partner with a number of managed analytic service providers (MASPs) that offer cloud-based solutions for specific industries, including retail and consumer goods.
Analytics Solutions in the Cloud for Retail & Consumer Goods
- SAS® CloudInnovate with analytics faster with SAS Cloud, which removes any barriers to adoption and puts data and analytics at your fingertips.
- Managed Application ServicesTake advantage of cutting-edge SAS technology with maximum uptime using managed application services from SAS.
- Software as a ServiceGet uninterrupted access to the specific software you need to make fast, accurate business decisions that deliver tangible results.
- SAS® 360 DiscoverCapture behavioral information across your brand’s digital customer experience and extend past traditional digital analytic reporting.
- SAS® 360 PlanCentrally manage, integrate and streamline all marketing planning activities so you can be agile and accurate in accounting for marketing investments.
- SAS® 360 EngageReach the right audience on the right devices with omnichannel marketing capabilities.
- SAS® 360 MatchTake control of your advertising using analytics to quickly update your digital advertising ecosystem.
- SAS® Intelligent Planning CloudEnsure on-shelf availability through a hyperaccurate demand planning service.
- SAS® Intelligent Planning SuiteAccurately forecast shopper and consumer demand by creating seamless merchandise and demand plans.
- SAS® Revenue Optimization SuiteThe SAS Price Optimisation suite delivers accurate forecasts and markdowns at the store/SKU level for targeted, localized strategies and optimal financials.
- SAS® Size Optimization: SAS® Size Profiling and SAS® Pack OptimizationImprove profitability by identifying and supplying the right sizes to the right stores at the right time.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsVisually explore all data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the web and mobile devices.