Ontario Government Names SAS Canada a Vendor of Record
Leader in business analytics to provide analytics and data management solutions
SAS, the leader in analytics has been selected as a Vendor of Record (VOR) by the Government of Ontario for business analytics, data integration and quality tools and services.
"Government agencies around the world rely on SAS solutions to help them manage and analyze big data for a variety of initiatives, from audits to workforce programs, said Cameron Dow, President SAS Canada. "We look forward to strengthening and building on the great relationship we already have with the Ontario Government."
SAS was named as one of the strategic vendors on the VOR arrangement for Business Analytics, Data Integration and Quality Tools and Services, for the provision of commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) for the following:
- Data Integration and Data Quality Tools including Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL), Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Metadata and Master Data Management
- Business Analytics Tools for Statistical Modeling and Forecasting
- Business Analytics Tools for Advanced Visualization and Innovative Analytics including related services for each of the software categories above:
- Maintenance & Technical Support Services (for new and eligible Existing Installations)
- Training Services
- Implementation Services
- The COTS tools listed above also meet many of requirements as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
The term of the agreement is two years effective June 1, 2015 with an option in favour of the Ministry to extend the agreement on the same terms and conditions for up to three additional extensions of one year each.
“Our solutions empower smart governments by providing more innovative planning and problem solving, greater productivity at every level, better services and a higher quality of life for citizens, and a vibrant economic environment today and in the future,” added Dow. “As the powerhouse in analytics, SAS is well positioned to support the growing needs of the Ontario Government as they continue to focus on analyzing data to better serve the public.”
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.