How SAS® Supports Merchandise & Assortment Planning
Drive higher inventory turns and fewer markdowns with merchandise planning and assortment planning tailored to local customer demand.
Customer-centric assortment planning & optimization
- Predict customer demand by channel and forecast the impact on future sales.
- Use predictive and prescriptive analytics and advanced clustering to understand a customer's path to purchase.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and increase profitability.
- Determine the best assortment mix based on available shelf space and financial objectives.
Cloud-native collaborative planning
- Rapidly take control of enterprise merchandise planning with the power of analytics in the cloud.
- Develop and rationalize merchandise plans and financial plans top-down, bottom-up or middle-out.
- Easily make data-driven assortment decisions and improve productivity with in-plan analytics.
Better customer experiences
- Curate assortments for your most valuable patrons.
- Leverage demographic and trade area characteristics to satisfy customer preferences.
Get to Know Merchandise Planning & Assortment Planning With SAS® Analytics
Working Smarter With SAS®
Developing strategic initiatives & planning financial strategies that drive profitability
SAS helped a US regional department store undergo a total technology transformation that:
- Includes a new merchandise planning platform that supports its strategies and initiatives.
- Maximizes inventory precision by product and location through localized assortments.
- Drives supply chain and store operation efficiencies through optimized pack recommendations.
Knowing the right pricing strategy for each stage of the product life cycle
SAS helped the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel:
- Automate the decision-making process.
- Develop a product life cycle pricing structure that helps reduce markdowns.
- Understand competitor pricing.
- Plan strategies that improve gross margin.
Creating customer-centric assortments to meet local demand, online & offline
SAS helped Russia's largest cosmetics & beauty retailer:
- Create an integrated planning process from strategy to execution.
- Localize assortments to meet customer demand.
- Increase revenue and profit margins through improved inventory precision.
- Reduce out-of-stock and overstocked inventory imbalances.
Related SAS® Retail & Consumer Goods Solutions
View recommended merchandise & assortment planning solutions
- SAS® Intelligent Planning SuiteAccurately forecast shopper and consumer demand by creating seamless merchandise and demand plans.
- SAS for Predict and Plan Consumer Demand | Powered by AzureStreamline and automate complex demand planning tasks that improve supply chain efficiency while delivering superior customer experiences.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningEnable analytically driven real-time interactions, and automate operational business decisions at scale.
- SAS® Revenue Optimization SuiteOptimize life cycle pricing strategies and corporate profitability with a comprehensive view of consumer demand.
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.
- SAS® Customer Intelligence 360Take marketing management to new heights to drive profitable revenue growth.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.