How SAS® Supports Merchandise & Assortment Planning
Drive higher inventory turns and fewer markdowns with merchandise planning and assortment planning tailored to local customer demand.
Customer-centric assortment planning & optimization
- Predict customer demand by channel and forecast the impact on future sales.
- Use predictive and prescriptive analytics and advanced clustering to understand a customer's path to purchase.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and increase profitability.
- Determine the best assortment mix based on available shelf space and financial objectives.
Cloud-native collaborative planning
- Rapidly take control of enterprise merchandise planning with the power of analytics in the cloud.
- Develop and rationalize merchandise plans and financial plans top-down, bottom-up or middle-out.
- Easily make data-driven assortment decisions and improve productivity with in-plan analytics.
Better customer experiences
- Curate assortments for your most valuable patrons.
- Leverage demographic and trade area characteristics to satisfy customer preferences.
Why choose SAS for merchandise planning and assortment planning?
Elevate your business with cloud analytics that transforms raw data into operational insights that support every merchandise planning and assortment planning decision.
Enable better assortment planning
Efficiently rationalize assortments, accurately determine optimal choice count and understand what items were not in the assortment to identify missed opportunities.
Improve key performance indicators
Optimize merchandise and assortment plans, as well as allocation and replenishment strategies.
Make merchandise planning more intelligent
Provide your buyers with insight into selling patterns and store clustering analytics that simplifies assortment rationalization down to the store/item level, no matter the size of your organization.
Working Smarter With SAS
Developing strategic initiatives & planning financial strategies that drive profitability
SAS helped a US regional department store undergo a total technology transformation that:
- Includes a new merchandise planning platform that supports its strategies and initiatives.
- Maximizes inventory precision by product and location through localized assortments.
- Drives supply chain and store operation efficiencies through optimized pack recommendations.
Knowing the right pricing strategy for each stage of the product life cycle
SAS helped the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel:
- Automate the decision-making process.
- Develop a product life cycle pricing structure that helps reduce markdowns.
- Understand competitor pricing.
- Plan strategies that improve gross margin.
Related SAS Retail & Consumer Goods Solutions
View recommended merchandise & assortment planning solutions
- SAS® Intelligent Planning SuiteAccurately forecast shopper and consumer demand by creating seamless merchandise and demand plans.
- SAS® Intelligent Planning CloudEnsure on-shelf availability through a hyperaccurate demand planning service.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningEasily create, manage and govern robust, analytically driven business rules to power decisioning at scale.
- SAS® Revenue Optimization SuiteOptimize life cycle pricing strategies and corporate profitability with a comprehensive view of consumer demand.
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.
- SAS® Customer Intelligence 360Find more profitable growth opportunities and amplify your marketing initiatives.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.