SAS® for Enterprise Fraud and Financial Crime Features
A hybrid analytic approach
- Business rules for automatically flagging suspicious activities.
- Near-real-time transaction monitoring.
- Anomaly detection for uncovering abnormal patterns of behavior.
- Predictive modeling for identifying new or emerging threats based on previous threats.
- Network analysis for linking multiple parties through associative behavior or common ownership.
- Adaptive segmentation with advanced neural networks.
- Identifies behavior patterns among customers, accounts or other entities that only appear suspicious when viewed in a larger context across a community of related accounts or entities.
- Analyzes activities and relationships within a network of related entities, such as customers who share demographic data or transactions.
Correspondent banking scenarios
- A banking-specific data model includes correspondent banking scenarios to further strengthen detection methods in the high-risk category of correspondent banking.
- A relationship grid enables fast assessment of details associated with correspondent banking alerts and the entities connected with them.
Peer group anomaly detection
- Compares an entity’s behavior to its historical behavior, as well as the behavior of its peers.
- Supports multiple peer groups.
- Provides outlier detection both above and below expected behavior.
Customer due diligence
- Rates new customers and updates existing customer scores in three primary categories – entity, geography and product type – based on key events that could affect the overall risk of the relationship.
- Systematically reviews customer profiles and notifies relevant parties if there are any changes.
- Extracts accurate insights from big data in shorter reporting windows.
- Applies sophisticated analytic techniques to all relevant data – not just a sample.
- Array processing enables monitoring multiple risks during a single pass of the data.
Enterprise data management
- Takes an enterprise approach to data management and consolidation to ensure consistent, accurate, timely data.
- Combines data integration, data quality and master data management in a unified environment.
- Brings together cross-channel enterprise data – from all lines of business, organizational units and geographic regions – on a single platform.
Flexible alert management
- Flexible interface offers configurable, secure access to multiple solutions – customer due diligence, currency transaction reporting, case management, AML solutions, etc.
- Assembles alerts from multiple monitoring systems, associates them with common individuals or entities, and automatically prioritizes and routes suspicious cases.
- Enables efficient review of work items sent electronically to the system prior to creating or linking incidents to a case.
Centralized case management
- Enables creation of multiple automated workflows for different types of cases – fraud, money laundering, etc.
- Includes to-do lists and makes certain action items mandatory prior to routing the case to the next step in the workflow.
- Enables attachment of comments or documentation relevant to a case.
- Captures and tracks all information relevant to a case through a central audit service, which enables easy auditing of the investigation process.