FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionTechnology advances are giving financial institutions a better arsenal than ever for fraud detection. Take a look at four ways to turbocharge your defenses.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- New data on the latest digital fraud trendsGet a quick, fact-filled view of what ISMG, Longitude Research and Javelin discovered in recent studies of fraud trends and anti-fraud strategies.
- When it matters: Safeguarding your organization from the insideWith evolving threats, fraud detection technologies have to be flexible and nimble, and automated risk detection is a crucial component of decision advantage.
- How can analytics change the world of 'Narcos'?Surveillance, wire-taps, interrogations, informants… all valuable intelligence gathering techniques. But modern law enforcement and federal agents are now aided by a new technology to zero in on drug trafficking: analytics.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a cybersecurity planThe main considerations of a foundational component of a cyber strategy: the cybersecurity plan.
- Containing health care costs: Analytics paves the way to payment integrityFor payment integrity, health care organizations need to uncover a wider range of abuse, waste and errors and data-driven analytics is making that possible.
- Prevent child abuse through analyticsWith tremendous potential for child welfare agencies to use data and analytics to prevent child abuse and improve outcomes for children and families, child welfare advocates discuss the benefits of using data and establishing a data-driven culture to advance practice and policy.
- The case for cybersecurity analyticsCombining cybersecurity with analytics helps you understand how people are trying to access your systems. Learn how analytics can augment your security program.
- A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a budgetA cybersecurity strategy requires more than just executive support. Learn how IT can get the tools and training designed to protect you from modern threats.
- Five trends in fraud solutionsLeading financial firms are adopting fraud solutions that use Big Data, high-performance computing and hybrid analytics to more effectively detect threats as they emerge and to run more efficient investigations.
- Is it case management or alert management?Both AML and payments fraud generate alerts and each handles them in different ways. It’s paramount that fraud professionals, vendor representatives and others come to a common understanding of the two terms: case management and alert management.
- Blind to the black swan theory? How a centralized approach applying analytics to financial crime prevention can protect against the unexpected.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox