Become data-driven, and make better decisions using data you can trust.
Boost productivity and work more efficiently.
No matter where your data is stored – from cloud, to legacy systems, to data lakes, like Hadoop – SAS Data Management helps you access the data you need. Create data management rules once and reuse them, giving you a standard, repeatable method for improving and integrating data – without additional cost.
Collaborate easily with other teams.
As an IT expert, it's easy to get entangled in tasks outside your normal duties. SAS Data Management enables your business users to update data, tweak processes and analyze results themselves, freeing you up for other projects. Plus, a built-in business glossary as well as SAS and third-party metadata management and lineage visualization capabilities keep everyone on the same page.
Use one seamless technology and be confident your data is ready for action.
SAS Data Management technology is truly integrated, which means you’re not forced to work with a solution that’s been cobbled together. All our components – from data quality to data federation technology – are part of the same architecture. And we’re experts at making sure data is prepared for visualization, analytics or operational use. We promote data quality, transparency and accountability. Built-in auditing tools monitor processing. And source data lineage enables you to trace data usage across the organization.
Support data fabrics.
SAS Data Management gives you the perfect balance of choice and control, enabling you to run in a variety of compute environments with virtually any data – from new computer tiers (Spark, MapReduce, Presto), files systems (S3, Parquet, Avro, Orc) and databases (MongoDB, RedShift, Cassandra) to existing database systems (Teradata, Oracle, SAP). Deploy your ETL flows to run in multiple computing frameworks. Reuse ETL and data quality processes to ensure consistent, trusted data and prevent new silos from developing. Combine batch data with data in motion to glean new insights for calls to action, with real-time alerts and notifications.
Efficiently manage metadata.
Store and manage technical, business, process and administrative metadata to facilitate reuse of existing table definitions, business rules and more. Mapping technologies make it easy to propagate column definitions from sources to targets and create automated, intelligent table joins across both SAS and third-party data integration and data modeling tools.
Explore More on SAS® Data Management and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Caso di Studio
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsGartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Solutions.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Customer Story Transforming mental health care in California, turning data into insight California's Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission uses analytics and data management to better serve residents and increase community well-being.
- White Paper Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at ScaleLet the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
- White Paper I Spy PII: How to Use SAS® Data Management for Personal Data ProtectionGet a step-by-step look at how to use SAS Data Management software to access, identify, govern, protect and audit personal data across your organization.
- White Paper The General Data Protection Regulation: What It Means and How SAS® Data Management Can HelpFind out how the GDPR could affect your business and how SAS Data Management solutions can help you prepare.
- White Paper Data Management in Action: Solving Real-World ChallengesDiscover how a solid data management foundation helps you make better decisions and attain business success.
- White Paper Data Integration Déjà Vu: Big Data Reinvigorates DI
- White Paper Bringing the Power of SAS to HadoopWant to get even more value from your Hadoop implementation? Learn about the SAS portfolio of solutions that enable you to bring the full power of business analytics to Hadoop.
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
- White Paper Building an Analytical Culture for SuccessAn ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
- Articolo 8 ways an enterprise data strategy enables big data analyticsAnalyzing big data can reveal new insights and strengthen business decisions. Here's why you need an enterprise data strategy to help you get there.
- Articolo 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Data Management.
- SAS/ACCESS® SoftwareAccedi, edita e aggiorna i dati indipendentemente dal database o dalla piattaforma di origine.
- SAS® In-Database TechnologiesShorten the time needed to perform key data quality and analytic processes by carrying out these functions within the database.