Banking Risk Management
Establish a risk-aware culture. Optimize capital and liquidity. Meet regulatory demands.
SAS adquiere Kamakura Corporation, proveedor líder de software de gestión de riesgos y datos para los sectores bancario y asegurador.
How SAS Delivers Better Risk Management
Only SAS delivers comprehensive risk solutions, AI and regtech technologies and best practices that help you balance short- and long-term strategies, improve financial performance and build a risk-aware culture throughout your organization. With SAS, you can reduce the time and cost of compliance by ensuring data consistency, transparency and complete traceability.
Regulatory risk management
- Ensure efficient credit risk analysis with timely, accurate RWA reporting and regulatory capital optimization.
- Comply with Basel III/IV requirements for credit risk analytics.
- Create a consolidated data, modeling and reporting infrastructure for measuring and reporting on credit and counterparty risk.
- Reduce stress testing cycle times so you can focus on higher-value activities.
- Uncover opportunities and risks with powerful tools and reporting capabilities that expedite capital planning.
- Go beyond supervisory stress testing to anticipate the path ahead and prepare for the unexpected.
- Improve transparency and auditability with flexible workflow automation and embedded controls.
- Introduce new models, methodologies and scenarios as needs change.
Credit risk management
- Build, back-test and deploy credit risk models faster – without recoding.
- Better manage corporate IP with an intuitive interface that makes it easy to share project artifacts, variables, etc.
- Make better lending decisions using a broad range of scoring methodologies to assess risk exposures.
- Reduce model risk by optimizing performance throughout the model life cycle.
- Deploy scenario-based risk analytics to simulate risk exposures and support capital planning.
- Prepare IFRS 9 and CECL estimates in a centralized, controlled environment.
- Gain a holistic, enterprisewide view of your risk profile and internal control status.
- Ensure transparency and promote consistent standards with a centralized model inventory and model risk management framework.
- Produce accurate, on-demand regulatory and management reports based on high-quality data.
- Manage critical operational risk and compliance processes with a self-documenting solution that ensures auditability and traceability for management and regulators.
Why choose SAS® for risk management?
Put on-demand, high-performance risk analytics in the hands of your CRO and risk professionals. With SAS, you can confidently balance short- and long-term strategies while addressing changing regulatory requirements.
Establish a firmwide risk technology foundation
Update legacy processes with a modernized risk infrastructure that supports scalable, high-quality data, workflow, analytics and reporting.
Integrate risk & finance modeling
A common platform supports IFRS 9 and CECL regulatory requirements, along with enterprise stress testing.
Achieve best-practice model risk management compliance
Full transparency and prebuilt governance processes ease your compliance burden and provide organizational accountability.
Improve regulatory risk management processes for Basel III/IV compliance
SAS supports compliance for all regulatory risk management mandates, including regulatory capital, liquidity risk and BCBS 239.
Enhance credit risk management processes throughout the life cycle
Efficiently and effectively manage the entire credit risk management process – from origination to portfolio management, and from collections to recovery.
Use AI and machine learning for credit scoring, capital optimization, backtesting and model validation, and regtech.
Banks Working Smarter With SAS®
Mastering model governance
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, one of the 20 largest banks in the world, uses SAS to get accurate, timely insights on risk so it can stay on top of regulatory requirements, keeping executive management and regulators up-to-date on model status across all risk categories.
Bank of Baroda
Cultivating a risk culture
Bank of Baroda, an India-based bank operating in 25 countries, is using SAS to strengthen governance and foster trust through a comprehensive operational risk framework. Using SAS, the bank reduced the time required for loss event data collection and reporting from three months to 15 days, enabling more frequent risk assessments and proactive risk mitigation.
Risk Management for Banking Products & Solutions
- SAS for Risk Modeling & Decisioning | Powered by AzureModernize risk across the organization with a trusted solution for managing analytical models and decision strategies.
- SAS® Asset and Liability ManagementManage interest rate and funding liquidity risk with powerful, flexible capabilities for static and scenario-based dynamic balance sheet assumptions.
- SAS® Credit Assessment ManagerEvaluate your entire loan portfolio by performing both qualitative and quantitative assessments of individual nonperforming loans.
- SAS® Credit ScoringDevelop, validate and monitor credit scorecards faster, cheaper and more flexibly than any outsourcing alternative.
- SAS® Governance and Compliance ManagerBuild trust in risk and compliance programs by connecting the enterprise.
- SAS® Model Implementation Platform Quickly and efficiently execute a wide range of models used in bank stress tests and other enterprise-level risk assessments.
- SAS® Model Risk ManagementSignificantly reduce your model risk, improve your decision making and financial performance, and meet regulatory demands with comprehensive model risk management.
- SAS® Risk EngineMake better, faster decisions based on current views of your overall risk exposure.
- SAS® Risk ModelingQuickly develop, validate, deploy and track risk models in house – while minimizing model risk and improving model governance.
- SAS® Risk StratumAdopt a risk foundation that delivers three tiers of capabilities to match your needs, with each level building on the previous one to form a complete risk management foundation.
- SAS® Solution for CECLQuickly meet new US Financial Accounting Standards Board current expected credit loss (CECL) standards with best practices for modeling, workflow and reporting.
- SAS® Solution for IFRS 9Accelerate time to benefit and quickly meet IFRS 9 standards.
- SAS® Solution for Regulatory CapitalProactively manage regulatory risk with a single, end-to-end risk management environment.
- SAS® Solution for Stress TestingMeet the challenges of supervisory stress testing and strategic scenario planning with SAS Solution for Stress Testing.