FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- Next generation anti-money laundering: robotics, semantic analysis and AIAnti-money laundering taken to its next level is sometimes referred to as AML 2.0 or AML 3.0. What does this next wave of AML technology look like? What can it do that you can’t do with traditional AML? See the results innovative financial institutions around the globe are already getting.
- The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2019 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study surveyed 84 companies on their use of anti-fraud technologies and compared results to 2014 and 2016. Get the highlights here.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Strengthen your payment fraud defenses with stronger authenticationThe rapid growth of digital wallets and payment applications has ushered in new payment fraud threats to consumers and organizations. Find out how the use of innovative technologies to combat payment fraud is a viable and effective solution with additional benefits.
- Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financingTo monitor for financial crimes, an essential element for both anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing is using data analysis to detect unusual activity during processing by monitoring transactions, customers and the network of behaviors.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowFrom integrating throughout operations to maintaining customer service, machine learning – supervised and unsupervised – is a critical part of the fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to consider to get started.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Top 5 prepaid card fraud scamsThe margin for prepaid cards is slim, so it's particularly important to root out the scams. Here are some tips for combating and mitigating prepaid card fraud.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- Know your blind spots in tax fraud preventionWhat can tax agencies do differently today than just a few years ago? Find out where fraud may lurk inside your agency – and the role analytics can play in tax fraud prevention.
- Taking pre-emptive action to stem the tide of VAT fraud lossesEU countries lost an estimated €159.5 billion in VAT revenues to VAT fraud in 2014. The solution? Hybrid fraud analytics technology.
- A cybersecurity framework: Six steps to empowering your analyticsAre your cybersecurity tools leaving your organization vulnerable? A career risk management professional/college professor explains why and what to do about it.
- How can analytics change the world of 'Narcos'?Surveillance, wire-taps, interrogations, informants… all valuable intelligence gathering techniques. But modern law enforcement and federal agents are now aided by a new technology to zero in on drug trafficking: analytics.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Containing health care costs: Analytics paves the way to payment integrityFor payment integrity, health care organizations need to uncover a wider range of abuse, waste and errors and data-driven analytics is making that possible.
- The case for cybersecurity analyticsCombining cybersecurity with analytics helps you understand how people are trying to access your systems. Learn how analytics can augment your security program.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox