Seamless, transparent read, write and update access to data, regardless of source or platform.
Ensure that business decisions are supported by complete, consistent, up-to-date and accurate data.
Give technical and business users fast, easy access to the data they need.
SAS/ACCESS provides seamless and transparent read, write and update rights to more than 60 data sources, including relational and nonrelational databases, PC files, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift and data warehouse appliances. Our out-of-the box solution empowers business users to use the technology with minimal training. Technical users who want more control can interact directly with the data source using native interfaces, such as SQL. The software passes database queries, joins and other functions to the target data source, reducing network traffic and speeding data processing times. Native bulk-load utilities enable even faster load times.
Get direct, secure access with native interfaces and integration standards.
Get easy, highly secure access to source data – no custom coding or expertise in SQL or other query languages required. The software honors the native security of the target data source, and provides transparent access by making data sources appear as though they are a native SAS data type. This facilitates integration across sources and with SAS procedures, SAS DATA step and SAS solutions. SAS/ACCESS engines are tightly integrated and used by all SAS solutions for third-party data integration. Supported integration standards include ODBC, JDBC, Spark SQL (on SAS Viya) and OLE DB.
Explore More on SAS/ACCESS® & Beyond
- White Paper Bringing the Power of SAS® to HadoopWant to get even more value from your Hadoop implementation? Hadoop is an open-source software framework for running applications on large clusters of commodity hardware. As a result, it delivers fast processing and the ability to handle virtually limitless concurrent tasks and jobs, making it a remarkably low-cost complement to a traditional enterprise data infrastructure. This white paper presents the SAS portfolio of solutions that enable you to bring the full power of business analytics to Hadoop. These solutions span the entire analytic life cycle – from data management to data exploration, model development and deployment.
- Giving clients the tools to interpret their customer data89 Degrees uses SAS Visual Analytics to help companies drive customer engagement and loyalty.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
- Article Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
Check out these products related to SAS/ACCESS software, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- SAS/ACCESS® Interface to HadoopGet out-of-the-box connectivity between SAS and Hadoop, via Hive.
- SAS/ACCESS® Interface to ImpalaGain low-latency response times and work faster with this out-of-the-box solution connecting SAS and Impala.
- SAS® In-Database TechnologiesShorten the time needed to perform key data quality and analytic processes by carrying out these functions within the database.
- SAS® Viya®Conquer your analytics challenges, from experimental to mission critical. SAS Viya extends the SAS Platform to enable everyone – data scientists, business analysts, developers and executives alike – to collaborate and realize innovative results faster.