How SAS® Delivers Supply Chain Optimization
SAS provides precise forecasting, demand sensing and demand shaping capabilities based on up-to-date, accurate data. The result? Inventory that’s balanced with demand in near-real time and supply plans aligned with demand forecasts.
- Generate accurate forecasts at every level. Even for individual SKUs.
- Use time-series forecasting to build models that reflect your business realities, taking into account intermittent demand, new product launches, pricing, promotions – even weather.
- Use sophisticated optimization algorithms to compare and adjust forecasts so you can choose the best strategy.
Multiechelon inventory optimization
- Manage production and logistics to match fluctuating customer needs and changing marketplace dynamics.
- Calculate optimal inventory policies using multiechelon optimization with state-of-the-art simulation.
- Use predictive modeling and what-if analysis to determine how different variables will affect the supply/demand balance.
Demand sensing & shaping
- Sense demand signals that indicate marketplace changes faster.
- Translate demand signals – like seasonality, price, promotions, events and merchandising – into a more effective, market-driven response.
- Take a visual approach to analyzing demand data to unearth patterns and insights regarding sales, shipments, pricing, promotions and operational, category or regional performance.
Working Smarter With SAS®
Improving replenishment time by 20% and achieving 97% customer satisfaction
SAS helped the largest direct seller in China create a more effective replenishment policy for reorder, order-up-to and required quantity levels that can pinpoint each product in each warehouse and store, adjusting dynamically to market changes over time.
Improving forecast accuracy by 10%, resulting in less excess inventory and less inventory ending up in the wrong places, by:
SAS helped a multinational appliance manufacturer:
- Replace manual spreadsheet forecasts with an automated solution that helped reduce inventory by more than 12% and boost revenue by 1%.
- Optimize inventory throughout its North American factories, keeping product availability above 93%, versus 63% the previous year.
- Achieve higher service levels and lower levels of working capital.