The Talent Foundry selected by SAS UK as chosen charity partner
SAS will work closely with the independent education charity to help disadvantaged children
SAS UK, the leader in analytics, have voted to select The Talent Foundry as its chosen charity partner, meaning all proceeds from fundraising will be donated to the independent education charity.
The Talent Foundry’s mission is to increase social mobility by helping young people from disadvantaged backgrounds discover what they are amazing at.
Cate Smith, Head of Programmes at The Talent Foundry said: “Everyone at The Talent Foundry is delighted to have been chosen as SAS’ charity partner. We are passionate about helping disadvantaged young people think about their futures and pursue their goals and this support from SAS will help us reach even more of them than ever!
We are also excited to work with SAS to design and deliver some employability programmes. Though we have partnered with a wide range of organisations, we have never worked with an analytics company before. So this will offer us a fresh opportunity to provide the young people we support with the modern technological skills and insights they need to thrive in the workplaces of the future.”
Roderick Crawford, VP & Country Manager at SAS UK and Ireland said: “We’re delighted to be supporting the inspirational work of The Talent Foundry and helping disadvantaged young people discover the things they can excel at. SAS’ origins are in education and supporting educational initiatives has always been fundamental to who we are.
“In particular we recognise the importance of offering support to those that most need it, which is why we launched SAS STEP last year, a free online learning programme aimed at jobseekers. Data literacy is vital in the modern workplace and so we hope young people of school age can also acquire these much sought-after skills through our partnership with The Talent Foundry.”
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2022 SAS Institute Inc. All rights reserved.
- The Talent Foundry is an independent education charity offering a range of fully funded opportunities to schools and colleges across the United Kingdom.
- They have 1,600 schools in their network and 600,000 students have benefitted from their programmes.
- If schools wish to find out if they are eligible for The Talent Foundry’s programmes, they can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The charity’s aim is to increase social mobility by helping young people from disadvantaged backgrounds discover what they are amazing at, develop valuable new employment skills and take that first step into the world of work.
- In the 2020/21 Academic Year The Talent Foundry has worked with nearly 60,000 students and run 655 workshops, despite having to rethink how to deliver their programmes in light of the pandemic. The companies and organisations they develop and deliver programmes for volunteered a massive 1175 hours of their time to help disadvantaged children, supporting workshops virtually due to the restrictions.