With digital transformation becoming a reality for utilities hoping to stay viable over the long haul, utility leaders must address a variety of challenges to become the data-driven enterprises they need to be. These challenges include:
- Rising data volumes. Massive volumes of data are pouring in from across the enterprise and from outside sources in a variety of formats, including images, audio and video.
- Data pervasiveness. Data is everywhere. Utilities are swamped with data on customers, grid operations and more, including everything from social media to weather.
- User demands for data. Utility employees are potential analytics users who need trustworthy, secure data for decision support and analysis, with self-service access to both data and easy-to-use analytics.
How Data Management From SAS Can Help
SAS provides a single, unified data management framework and automated processes – from data collection and aggregation to data validation and cleansing. Our utility analytics software offers the most complete, sophisticated data management capabilities, including:
- Data quality and integration. Consolidate data from internal and external sources, track data lineage, and reduce errors and inconsistencies with embedded data quality tools.
- Data preparation. Prepare data for analytics and reporting in a self-service environment without coding or help from IT. Spend less time preparing data and more time analyzing it.
- Data governance. Spend less time managing data with a consistent set of policies and processes that ensure your data’s conformity with established policies and regulatory standards.
- Personal data protection. Satisfy your customers’ needs for personal data security. Fully understand and monitor the state of your data. Work toward compliance with GDPR and other privacy regulations.
- Data federation and stewardship. Eliminate the complexities of data integration with a virtual data environment that simplifies administration and security while delivering a complete data picture in a business-friendly format.
Only SAS gives you a complete, integrated and trusted view of all your enterprise data. You can access the data you need, when you need it, and eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems. SAS enables you to:
- Ensure that all internal and third-party data gets and stays clean – and that it’s managed in such a way that doesn’t create redundancies – with a built-in data profiler that finds and fixes data quality issues automatically.
- Abandon the piecemeal approach to data management with a single product set for data access, integration, quality, governance and master data management.
- Glean analytical insight from large volumes of unstructured data – from documents, emails, social media sources, etc.
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organization The what, why and how
- Managing Data to Maximize Smart Grid Benefits Insights from a webinar hosted by Electric Light & Power
- Energy leader transforms data into customer intelligence Turkey’s Enerjisa builds long-term customer analytics foundation with SAS® Data Management
Data Management Products & Solutions for Utilities
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.
- SAS® Data PreparationWith SAS AI Data Preparation running on SAS Viya, customers can quickly prepare data for analytics in a self-service, point-and-click environment.
- SAS® Data QualityImprove the value of your data – and maintain that excellence – for better data-driven decisions.