SAS® Enterprise Guide Features
Easy-to-use interface & wizards
- Intuitive wizards provide access to SAS capabilities from basic reporting to complex analyses.
- Each wizard has a wide range of flexible options that are easily adjusted.
- A log is generated with information about processing, including notes, warnings and errors.
- Results can be delivered in HTML, RTF, PDF, SAS reports and text formats. Most results also can be output as SAS data sets for further analysis with other tasks. SAS Report formats can be shared with SAS Web Report Studio and SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.
- Graphs can be created as ActiveX (dynamic or image), Java Applets (dynamic or image), GIFs or JPEGs. ActiveX and Java Applets permit direct interaction with the graph objects without resubmitting requests to the server.
- An intuitive process flow diagram facility allows users to organize, view and maintain their projects visually.
- Custom tasks enable you to easily extend the range of business problems that can be solved.
- The Data Explorer Tool lets you create custom views of data, quickly calculate basic charts and statistics for each column in a SAS data set, and add a data exploration view to your project.
Reporting, graphical & analytical tasks
- Descriptive reports and analysis include: basic listings, summary statistics tables, one-way frequencies tables, correlations tables and graphs, and tabular or graphical distribution analysis.
- Graphs include: area charts, bar charts, box plots, bubble plots, donut charts, line plots, maps, pie charts, radar charts, scatter plots, surface plots and contour plots.
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA) predictive models: t-test, one-way ANOVA, nonparametric one-way ANOVA, linear models and mixed linear models.
- Regression models: linear, logistic, nonlinear and generalized linear models.
- Multivariate relationship models: cluster analysis, factor analysis, principal components, canonical correlation and discriminant function analysis.
- Survival analysis: life table and proportional hazards.
- Capability analysis: CDF plots, histograms, P-P plots, probability plots and Q-Q plots.
- Control charts: mean and range, mean and standard deviation, individual measurements, box, p, np, u and c charts.
- Pareto charts.
- Forecasting: data transformation, basic forecasting, ARIMA modeling and forecasting, regression analysis with autoregressive errors and regression analysis of panel data.
- Operations research: numerical optimization, algebraic modeling language, project and resource scheduling, genetic algorithms and constraint programming.
- Table analysis.
- Integration with SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler enables business analysts and subject-matter experts to quickly create predictive models and step through a workflow of data preparation tasks.
- Visually access any data type supported by SAS and native Windows data types via ODBC, OLE DB, and OLE DB for OLAP Server (specifically SAS OLAP Server, Microsoft Analysis Services and SAP BW). Accessible local file types include: Microsoft Word documents (embeddable in project files to help document your project work), Excel, HTML, Access, TXT files (fixed width), ASC files (ASCII), TAB delimited files and CSV files (comma delimited).
- Allows easy access of data (local or remote) for use in other SAS products or JMP®.
- Provides access to information maps created in SAS Information Map Studio.
- Powerful, graphical query builder allows users to visually access and manipulate their data without SQL expertise: Join up to 256 tables simultaneously.
- Save settings for reuse with query templates.
- Use subqueries to include results from one query as input to another query.
- Graphically or programmatically subset data to reduce the results to manageable sizes and to identify the data you require.
- Parameterize data to interactively filter the information needed for intelligent decision making.
- Organize information for easy viewing with a Select and Sort interface. Format existing variables and create new calculated variables.
- Visually build calculated variables from a comprehensive list of SAS functions.
- Preview generated query code, check the query syntax validity or copy the code for reuse in other applications.
- Use the program editor with autocomplete and integrated syntax for faster programming.
- Transpose data from long, narrow data to wide, short data, etc.
- Rank your data in multiple ways: absolute, percentile, decile, quartiles, fractional, normal and Savage.
- Perform data subsets using a variety of basic and statistical methods.
OLAP access, visualization & manipulation
- Drill, dynamically slice and pivot data for exploration. Drill through to underlying detailed data.
- Calculation support includes simple calculations, count analysis, relative contribution analysis and custom calculations (e.g., time series analysis).
- Save specific views of multidimensional information as bookmarks for easy reuse.
- Use slices of multidimensional information in other SAS procedures for advanced analysis. Provides an MDX Viewer/Editor for the more advanced users.
- Provides search functionality in the Cube Manager and MDX Editor.
- Surface OLAP data sources from SAS OLAP Server or other third-party vendors supporting OLE DB for OLAP (e.g., SAP BW and Microsoft Analysis Services).
- Change format of measures displayed in the OLAP Analyzer.
- Provides integration with JMP for seamless access to 2-D and 3-D visual analysis.
- Includes automatic chart options for more meaningful analysis.
- Includes ESRI map interface with navigation and drawing tools.
Result distribution & sharing
- Distribute results by publishing to multiple channels, including the SAS BI report/content repository, the SAS Stored Process Server, printers, Microsoft Office documents and email.
- Share results in the form of SAS Stored Processes for use in other applications such as SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office, SAS Web Report Studio or other third-party clients.
- Open and refresh SAS Web Report Studio reports in a seamless and integrated fashion.
- Export results to other applications such as Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, Word and SharePoint.
- Update analyses and results on a periodic basis using the native Windows scheduler.
- HtmlBlue is default style for SAS report and HTML results (default can be changed and new styles can be created).
Administration & security
- Can be deployed with SAS Grid Manager to provide automated management of the computing grid with dynamic load balancing, resource assignment and job prioritization.
- Can be deployed via MSI-based installer or application streaming.
High-performance computing, grid enablement
- Automatically detects if a grid environment is available for more efficient processing.
- Lets you configure GUI Process Flow branches to run in parallel on different grid nodes.
- Analyzes SAS programs to optimize performance of code in the grid environment.
- Enables parallel execution of tasks on the same server.
- Enables you to run tasks at the project level or individual task level in a SAS grid environment.