How SAS Supports Efficient Health Care Operations
Value-based health care and patient centricity are emerging as the new global paradigms for addressing how organizations deliver and pay for health care. SAS provides a powerful array of descriptive and predictive modeling, forecasting, optimization, simulation and project scheduling capabilities to help you identify the actions that will improve outcomes and patient satisfaction, maximize resource utilization and reduce costs.
Health care cost analytics
- Improve hospital operational performance, throughput and capacity.
- Deliver higher quality care while improving patient satisfaction and controlling costs.
Workforce planning & performance management
- Accurately forecast demand for clinical staff.
- Develop critical workforce plans to mitigate long-term gaps and short-term agency costs.
- Create a culture that supports measurement and transparency.
Advanced approaches using AI
- Monitor patient devices, and reduce alarm fatigue.
- Improve building, patient and staff security through sensor-based analytics.
- Right-size equipment inventory through accurate location monitoring.
How does a French university hospital use analytics to comply with government regulations that encourage high-quality, cost-effective care?
SAS helped Nantes University Hospital Center:
- Use data visualization as part of a larger project to integrate financial affairs, human resources and medical information, and produce an in-house analysis of the costs per hospitalization.
- Assign resources during budget planning and more precisely monitor expense trends by bringing together all the data that the system provides.
- Enrich its data warehouse and open the data to managers, clinics and medical staff so they can explore data directly to help patients get better quickly at the most reasonable cost.
How did a nationally recognized US hospital use SAS to save US$2.2 million in the first fiscal year, while maintaining high-quality patient care?
SAS helped OhioHealth:
- Ensure that its hospitals and other health care facilities are adequately staffed to provide optimal medical care, enabling the not-for-profit company to provide the best possible care as cost-effectively as possible.
- Discover that, contrary to expectations, proactively hiring new staff – getting the right people in place – actually saved money.
- Establish a culture of analytics that's helping change from reactive responses to proactive decision making, so that the right people are in place when a patient enters the hospital.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® Analytics for IoTDrive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting powerful IoT analytics with embedded AI and industry-leading streaming capabilities in users' hands
- SAS® Asset Performance AnalyticsHarness M2M and sensor data to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and reducing your risk of revenue loss.