SAS® Insurance Analytics Architecture
Insurance data model
- Serves as a single version of the truth, covering all key insurance subject areas.
- Stores historical information at a granular level.
- Provides a comprehensive dictionary that describes insurance data elements.
- Maps all physical data structures to business terms.
- Includes both logical and physical data models – e.g., ERwin data models and SAS metadata.
- Can be deployed in multiple databases, including SAS, Oracle, Teradata and DB2.
- Provides business data definitions that are consistent with global insurance data standards, such as ACORD.
- Supports a variety of business issues, including Solvency II.
- Supports P&C (both personal lines and commercial lines) and life products and has the flexibility to extend to new lines of business.
- Accesses data from virtually any system in any form.
- Embeds data quality into batch, near-real-time and real-time processes.
- Cleanses data in native languages, with specific language awareness and localizations for more than 20 worldwide regions.
- Contains customized and reusable data quality business rules that can be accessed directly within process job flows.
- Handles data migration and synchronization federation projects.
- Includes wizards for accessing source systems, creating target structures, importing and exporting metadata, and building and executing data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) process flows.
- Provides a dedicated GUI for profiling data and identifying and repairing source system issues, while retaining the business rules for later use in the ETL processes.
- Has enterprise connectivity to data sources – AS400, ODBC, IBM DB2/UDB, Informix, Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, Sybase, SAS, Teradata and more.
- Supports both unstructured and semistructured data.
- Uses out-of-the-box standardization rules to conform data to corporate standards and lets you build customized rules for special situations.
- Provides an interactive GUI that enables data stewards to profile operational data and monitor ongoing data activities.
- Migrates or synchronizes data between database structures, enterprise applications, mainframe legacy files, text, XML, message queues and a host of other sources.
- Joins data across sources for real-time access and analysis.
Reporting and business intelligence
- Provides a web-based, interactive reporting interface for business users.
- Includes query capabilities for all levels of users across multiple BI interfaces.
- Slices and dices multidimensional data using a special slicer dimension and by applying filters on any level of a hierarchy.
- Displays performance results via critical first-alert, call-to-action dashboards.
- Provides dynamic business visualization tools for interactive data exploration, visual queries and more.
- Includes access to SAS capabilities for data access, reporting and analytics directly from Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enables wizard-driven report creation within Microsoft Office tools.