SAS Data Management
Take charge of your data with the industry’s leading integration technology.
Become data-driven, and make better decisions using data you can trust.
Boost productivity and work more efficiently.
No matter where your data is stored – from cloud, to legacy systems, to data lakes, like Hadoop – SAS Data Management helps you access the data you need. Create data management rules once and reuse them, giving you a standard, repeatable method for improving and integrating data – without additional cost.
Collaborate easily with other teams.
As an IT expert, it's easy to get entangled in tasks outside your normal duties. SAS Data Management enables your business users to update data, tweak processes and analyze results themselves, freeing you up for other projects. Plus, a built-in business glossary as well as SAS and third-party metadata management and lineage visualization capabilities keep everyone on the same page.
Use one seamless technology and be confident your data is ready for action.
SAS Data Management technology is truly integrated, which means you’re not forced to work with a solution that’s been cobbled together. All our components – from data quality to data federation technology – are part of the same architecture. And we’re experts at making sure data is prepared for visualization, analytics or operational use. We promote data quality, transparency and accountability. Built-in auditing tools monitor processing. And source data lineage enables you to trace data usage across the organization.
Support data fabrics.
SAS Data Management gives you the perfect balance of choice and control, enabling you to run in a variety of compute environments with virtually any data – from new computer tiers (Spark, MapReduce, Presto), files systems (S3, Parquet, Avro, Orc) and databases (MongoDB, RedShift, Cassandra) to existing database systems (Teradata, Oracle, SAP). Deploy your ETL flows to run in multiple computing frameworks. Reuse ETL and data quality processes to ensure consistent, trusted data and prevent new silos from developing. Combine batch data with data in motion to glean new insights for calls to action, with real-time alerts and notifications.
Efficiently manage metadata.
Store and manage technical, business, process and administrative metadata to facilitate reuse of existing table definitions, business rules and more. Mapping technologies make it easy to propagate column definitions from sources to targets and create automated, intelligent table joins across both SAS and third-party data integration and data modeling tools.
An industry-leading data management solution that helps you improve, integrate and govern your data.
One development environment
Provides an intuitive, role-based GUI for managing process with drag-and-drop functionality, source system access and a customizable metadata tree.
Integrated process designer
Lets you build and edit data management processes with a visual, end-to-end event designer.
Superior connectivity & data access
Connects in real time or batch to more data sources on more platforms than other solutions.
Data governance & metadata management
Includes integrated business glossary, SAS and third-party metadata management, and lineage visualization.
Extract, transform, load (ETL) & extract, load, transform (ELT)
Simplifies collaboration and reuse with out-of-the-box SQL-based transforms for creating tables or joining, inserting, deleting updating and merging data.
Migration & synchronization
Migrates or synchronizes data between database structures, enterprise applications, mainframe legacy files, text, XML, message queues, etc.
Provides virtual access to database structures, enterprise applications, mainframe legacy files, text, XML, message queues and other sources.
Integrates asynchronous business processes via message-based connectivity.
Enhanced administration & monitoring
Lets you track metrics with job status and performance reports, as well as trending information.
SAS Metadata Bridge for Big Data
Imports and exports metadata from third-party applications for easier access to data from Hadoop and other sources.
Integration of SAS Data Loader for Hadoop
Lets you integrate work with other data flows, and then schedule and monitor it using SAS technologies.
Explore More on SAS Data Management and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- White Paper The General Data Protection Regulation: What It Means and How SAS® Data Management Can HelpFind out how the GDPR could affect your business and how SAS Data Management solutions can help you prepare.
- White Paper Data Management in Action: Solving Real-World ChallengesDiscover how a solid data management foundation helps you make better decisions and attain business success.
- White Paper Data Integration Déjà Vu: Big Data Reinvigorates DIDiscover why the latest evolution of data integration delivers more value from big data.
- Customer Story Transforming mental health care in California, turning data into insight California's Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission uses analytics and data management to better serve residents and increase community well-being.
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
- Article 8 ways an enterprise data strategy enables big data analyticsAnalyzing big data can reveal new insights and strengthen business decisions. Here's why you need an enterprise data strategy to help you get there.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsGartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Solutions.
- White Paper Building an Analytical Culture for SuccessAn ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
- White Paper I Spy PII: How to Use SAS® Data Management for Personal Data ProtectionGet a step-by-step look at how to use SAS Data Management software to access, identify, govern, protect and audit personal data across your organization.
- White Paper Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at ScaleLet the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
- Customer Story Providing a smooth transition for military veteransThe Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University uses data and analytics to serve those who have served their country.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Article 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Data Management.
- SAS/ACCESS®Get seamless, transparent read, write and update access to data, regardless of source or platform.
- SAS® In-Database TechnologiesShorten the time needed for key data quality and analytical processes by performing them within the database. Available for Hadoop Cloud Services, Cloudera Data Platform, Azure Synapse Analytics, Databricks and Teradata.