Get the business insights you need, on your own. Self-service data preparation from SAS – on SAS® Viya® – helps you access, profile, cleanse and transform data from an intuitive interface, so you can get the job done without an IT or data specialist. That means you can act quickly. Make decisions confidently. And help your team work more efficiently.
Be more productive by working autonomously.
No need for specialized skills. No coding or SQL required. Our visual interface makes data preparation easy by removing technical barriers and enabling you to blend and shape data on your own – where it then gets integrated as part of your reporting and analytics pipeline. IT is freed up to focus on more strategic work, while you get the insights you need to investigate data at will.
Prepare data faster so you're ready for action.
Minimize the time you spend preparing data so you can spend more time analyzing it. Prebuilt transformations and data cleansing functions run in memory to increase processing speed. Advanced analytics, data visualization and data preparation capabilities are seamlessly combined. The result? You have more time to explore data, get answers and react to situations in near-real time.
Reuse data preparation tasks for more efficiency.
Duplicated work wastes valuable time. SAS Data Preparation helps you share automatically generated code with IT so it can be scheduled to run during every source data update. You can also save data preparation plans to be used by others. Shared work leads to more productivity – and everyone benefits.
Collaborate with other team members.
Working with multiple members of your team on the same project has never been easier. With SAS Data Preparation you can share jobs as centrally managed assets. Project activity feeds can be set to notify teams and individuals of changes and updates. You can share and reuse tasks, post updates and work together to generate more value from your data.
- Intuitive user interface designed for self service. With a point-and-click interface that automatically generates code, nontechnical users can profile, cleanse, blend and move data without specialized skills or training.
- Access data from multiple sources. Data can be accessed from flat files, relational data sources, social media sources, SAS data sets, Apache Hadoop, Teradata, CSV files, text files or any source defined by licensed SAS/ACCESS® software.
- Ability to code. Technical users who prefer to code can access the SAS Data Quality routines from SAS code or from third-party coding languages such as Python.
- Built-in data quality and data integration. Market-validated data quality and data integration are prebuilt into visual interfaces for more consistency.
- In-memory, fast processing of data. A combination of advanced analytics, data visualization and data preparation capabilities helps you quickly prepare data for analysis.
- Integration into analytics pipeline. Automatically integrating prepared data into the analytics pipeline creates a seamless user experience of data discovery and data preparation.
- Faster performance. Bulk data movement, including parallel read/write for some data sources, as well as loading from relational sources, SAS data sets, social media and Hadoop speeds performance.
- Collaboration and reuse of tasks. Collaborate and share data among team members, or reuse existing plans (instead of reinventing them over and over) to boost productivity.
- Scheduled and automated tasks. Monitor jobs, view code and logs and automate jobs so you can do more with less.
- Ability to view lineage. Visualize relationships between data assets to help your organization better understand its data.