Evaluate a large number of alternative scenarios to determine the best courses of action using a powerful array of optimization modeling capabilities and solution techniques.
Quickly solve complex optimization problems.
Find optimal solutions to difficult problems faster than ever. Running on SAS® Viya™, our distributed, in-memory platform, SAS Optimization delivers optimization modeling results at breakthrough speeds. In-memory data persistence eliminates the need to load data multiple times during iterative analyses.
Drive better decision making.
Identify and apply the best responses to complex, real-world problems. State-of-the-art methods for mathematical optimization are integrated with a full suite of data preparation, exploration, analytics and reporting capabilities – all in one unified environment.
Use your preferred programming language.
Python, Java, R and Lua programmers can experience the power of SAS Optimization without having to learn SAS. Because SAS Viya is an open platform, programmers can access trusted and tested SAS optimization algorithms from their programming language of choice.
See SAS® Optimization in action.
Mike Gilliland, Product Marketing Manager at SAS, demonstrates how you can use SAS Optimization to build and solve an optimization model that guides financial investment decisions.
- Algebraic, symbolic optimization modeling. Enables you to build optimization models with clarity and precision using a powerful, intuitive algebraic optimization modeling language with specialized syntax and constructs.
- A single language for linear, mixed integer, nonlinear and quadratic programming. Lets you build and solve a wide range of optimization models using only one set of statements and commands.
- Powerful optimization solvers and presolvers. Provides a suite of problem solvers that is streamlined for simplicity and tuned for performance. Aggressive presolvers reduce effective problem size.
- Network flow optimization. Provides network solver algorithms for investigating the characteristics of networks to find the best answers to network-oriented issues.
- Multistart algorithm. Selects multiple starting points and begins optimization in parallel from each; then reports the best solution from all starting points.
- Open, cloud-enabled, in-memory platform. Distribute analysis and data tasks across multiple computing nodes, and enable fast, concurrent, multiuser access to data in memory with our open, scalable, distributed in-memory processing platform – SAS Viya.
This solution runs on SAS Viya, which has the breadth and depth to conquer any analytics challenge. As a unified, cloud-ready environment, SAS Viya serves everyone – from data scientists to business analysts, application developers to executives – with the reliable, scalable, secure analytics management and governance essential for agile IT. And the performance you've come to expect from SAS – the world leader in analytics.
Read the SAS Optimization product brief for more details.
Learn why SAS was named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions, Q1 2017.
Ask questions, share tips and more in the Mathematical Optimization, Discrete-Event Simulation and OR Community.