How SAS® Enables Institutional Researchers to Surface Deeper Insights
Quickly bring together disparate data from across the institution. Increase efficiency in analyzing data and identifying trends. Infuse your analyses with powerful analytics to rapidly reveal insights. Benefit from SAS’ proven track record and industry expertise to help drive modernization and a culture of analytics.
- Quickly and easily connect to and govern the data you need, wherever it resides.
- Transform data to gain an accurate and comprehensive view of your institution.
- Ensure consistency over time by improving the quality and reliability of data.
- Access insight-rich data to uncover trends and patterns that would otherwise be missed.
- Identify factors that determine academic quality, preparedness and – ultimately – success.
- Automate the development and delivery of a variety of reports.
- Improve how data is consumed and utilized to make operational decisions.
- Automate ad hoc reporting and analysis requests.
- Increase the impact of data, reporting and analytics to support strategic decision making across the institution.
- Draw on our industry expertise from four decades of working with institutional research teams.
- Benefit from our modular offerings, knowledge sharing, best practices and support to get your team up to speed quickly.
- Spend less time looking for information and more time putting your insights into action.
- Choose from a complete range of cloud offerings designed and managed by SAS for optimal efficiency.
Why do institutional researchers choose SAS?
SAS has a demonstrated history of delivering analytic solutions to attract the right students, maximize retention and sustain strong relationships throughout the student life cycle. Embed analytics to make it part of the institutional culture. And increase confidence in data used for decision making, institutional planning or policy formulation.
Strengthen enrollment management
Focus efforts and resources to identify, recruit, enroll, retain and graduate a student body in accordance with your institution's mission and goals.
Accurately project student enrollment to proactively plan for institutional demand, such as classroom needs, instructor availability and staffing requirements.
Optimize financial aid
Ensure financial aid commitments and strategies meet enrollment and financial goals.
Improve student outcomes
Proactively retain struggling students by identifying resources or interventions to help them continue with their education.
Perform simulation and scenario analyses to determine potential impacts of policy decisions on students and the institution.
Analytics is essential to institutional research.
Being able to look at data in new ways has really changed our culture … we’re looking more toward analytics and how we do modeling now instead of just looking at numbers and categories of numbers. Christie Hawkins, PhD Associate Vice-President for Administration & Finance and Director of Institutional Research & Information Management Oklahoma State University
CUSTOMER SUCCESS IN HIGHER EDUCATION
Working Smarter With SAS®
Achieving better student outcomes and million-dollar savings
SAS helped the University of North Texas transform into an analytics culture with a strong data focus, which provides the foundation for student and university success.
Attracting students and ensuring degree progression and completion
Sinclair Community College uses interactive data analytics from SAS to increase enrollment numbers by better understanding student registration, success and outcomes.
Advancing student success through better data analysis
Des Moines Area Community College uses SAS analytics and data visualization to help students prosper in the classroom and beyond.
Collecting, analyzing and reporting on a complex mix of data to help ensure student success
Western Kentucky University uses data visualization and advanced analytics to make informed decisions relating to students, faculty, programs and courses.
Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligence
Curtin University used SAS to develop a sophisticated data analytics and reporting environment that enables the institution to publish more than 20 self-service reports for an internal audience, ranging from intern to chancellor.
Championing the value of analytics for all
SAS helped Oklahoma State become a model of institutional research by transforming the way it delivers information through the use of advanced analytics and predictive modeling.
Recommended Resources for Institutional Research in Higher Education
- White Paper Data Management: The Foundation for Successful Reporting and Analytics in EducationSee how effective data management enables educational institutions to generate accurate reports and analytics - and how SAS can help.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeExplore the collected wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making.
- White Paper Ten Tips for Using Data and Analytics Effectively in EducationLearn how to turn scattered data sources into timely, data-informed insights for improving performance, student and institutional effectiveness, and more
- White Paper Building an Analytical Culture for SuccessAn ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
- Series SAS Training: Data Literacy EssentialsFrom young students to lifelong learners, knowing how to engage with data is more important than ever. Check out our free, self-paced data literacy course to start building those skills!
- Séminaire web Analytics for Higher EducationJoin us for this special summit focused on how leaders in higher education are using analytics to make the most out of their data and enhancing every aspect of their institutions.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® Analytics for EducationTake a data-informed approach to solving your institutional challenges, spending less time looking for information and more time putting your data insights into action.
- SAS® Viya®Bénéficiez de la puissance de SAS dans une solution facile à utiliser, tout en bénéficiant de la rapidité et de la flexibilité d'une solution entièrement " cloud native ".