How SAS® Supports Clinical Research Analytics
As the market leader in clinical research analytics, SAS provides a secure analytics foundation and scalable framework for clinical analysis and submission. Our robust analytic tools and techniques, including AI and machine learning, help you gain a competitive edge in the high-stakes world of clinical research analytics – from getting trials up and running, to modernizing trial designs, to delivering life-changing therapies to market faster and more efficiently. SAS also provides the leading platform for data transparency, allowing you to securely share historical trial data with third-party researchers for the betterment of medicine.
Clinical trial modernization
- Adopt an end-to-end clinical analytics foundation so you can spend more time on data exploration, data quality monitoring, and executing advanced analytics and statistics.
- Integrate your clinical ecosystem and collaborate with partners.
- Apply streaming and edge IoT analytics to tackle unprecedented growth in data volume and velocity from the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) devices.
- Use real world data to drive insight into the clinical development process.
Clinical trial operational analytics
- Use advanced analytics to mimic the behavior of the enrollment process, quickly predict likely outcomes and test different approaches using what-if scenarios.
- Compare realized enrollment versus simulations, and adapt plans to stay on target.
- Inform site supply more efficiently using enrollment predictions.
- Use real world data to inform operational processes and make better decisions.
AI & machine learning
- Drive automation and consistency across studies with machine learning.
- Use machine learning to extract new insights and boost clinical development efficiency.
- Use AI and machine learning to develop fit-for-future trial designs, e.g., virtual, pragmatic and adaptive trials.
- Use clinical data mapping to easily store AI-powered transformation rules in a central database in alignment with actual trial data and CDISC data standards metadata.
Clinical data transparency
- Use our industry-leading clinical data transparency to share clinical research with external researchers for secondary analysis and advancement of new discoveries.
- Give researchers access to an unparalleled breadth of available data from more than 25 sponsors.
- Empower researchers with maximum analytical depth and flexibility, including the use of open source and third-party licensed software.
- Give researchers free access to data, and allow for transparency platform interoperability.
The centralized system allows team members in different continents to look at data without having to transfer data to them. With the SAS Life Science Analytics Framework, everyone is viewing the same snapshot of the data. Global access to consistent data is the dream, and we’ve achieved it. Nina Worden Director of Statistical Programming Santen
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS for Transforming Clinical Trial Analysis & Submission | Powered by AzureAdvance clinical data science with regulatory-grade analytics in support of decentralized, patient-centric clinical trials.
- SAS® Clinical Enrollment SimulationBuild and evaluate faster, more strategic enrollment plans using simulation.