BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE INSIGHTS
See your data in new ways
Recent Business Intelligence articles
- Location analytics: Why adding where makes BI betterLearn how location analytics can enrich your BI endeavors by blending geographic data, spatial analysis and business data for deeper insights.
- The University of Alabama makes better decisions through education analyticsAt the University of Alabama, the Office of Institutional Research and Assessments use analytics and data visualizations to uncover better student outcomes.
- Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Stop guessing and try data-driven business decisions insteadHere's some advice from TWDI's David Stodder on how to use visual analytics for data-driven business decisions.
- Transaction monitoring: To segment or not?A typical anti-money laundering transaction monitoring program has scenarios that monitor the customers and accounts that pose the most risk. The fact is … this one-size-fits-all methodology isn’t very effective because customers transact differently based on many factors. So how do you incorporate that into your program?
- Big data isn’t just for big businesses Midsize businesses are taking advantage of big data with data visualization. Here are five tips for getting started.
- Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
- Forecasting in the Pocket
- How data visualization helps crack down on crimeAcross the world, law enforcement agencies are making more intensive use of data visualization technologies. They gain a real-time view of locations, layered with crime, traffic, geospatial, weather and other data. This means decisions are based on solid, robust data and resources allocated to guide intervention and crime prevention. Data visualization can make this possible for you too.
- Skip the fire drillsStop reinventing the wheel each time someone in your organization rings an alarm bell. Think people, process, technology and culture if you want to create repeatable models.
- Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox